Congratulations on your acceptance to Gardner-Webb University. The Office of Orientation is pleased that you will be joining us on Monday, January 5, 2015 for the First Year Student Orientation session. We look forward to meeting you. In order for us to assist you in your transition to university life at Gardner-Webb, it is important that you plan to attend ALL orientation sessions.
During your orientation session, you will meet other new students, some current Gardner-Webb students, as well as faculty and staff members. You will meet your academic advisor during this orientation session to confirm your schedule for the spring semester and learn about all the different services and programs Gardner-Webb has to offer you as a new student.
The mandatory New Student Orientation check-in will be in the Tucker Student Center lobby. The Welcome Session begins promptly at 11:30 a.m. in Stewart Hall, located in the Tucker Student Center.
Orientation is designed to help you make the transition into life at Gardner-Webb University.
All new students will be assessed a $100 new student orientation fee on their student account whether or not they choose to participate. We encourage you to treat each session as though it is mandatory as the schedule is designed specifically to help you transition positively to Gardner-Webb. The fee will cover your orientation materials, meals before the meal plan starts as well as specific student activities offered to you throughout the week.
To get the most out of your Orientation Session, make sure you have completed all the forms, academic testing and other necessary appointments before you arrive to campus. Refer to the checklist enclosed in this letter.
To register for your mandatory orientation session, login to WEBBCONNECT from www.gardner-webb.edu:
- Click on the “NEW STUDENT“ tab
- Click on “ORIENTATION RESERVATION”
- Fill in the NECESSARY INFORMATION
- Click CONTINUE
During your Orientation session, you should bring the following:
- A positive attitude and open mind
- Your WebbConnect USERNAME and PASSWORD
- Picture ID (Driver’s License or other ID)
- Immunization information (if you have not already sent this in to the Registrar’s Office)
- Documentation of disability, if needed
- Your questions and concerns
- Your belongings if you are moving into On-Campus Housing – Information about moving into the Residence Halls can be found on the Gardner-Webb website, under “Student Life,” then click on “Housing and Residence Education.”
- Send your final high school/college transcripts as soon as they are available.
Be sure to join the Gardner-Webb Student Activities FACEBOOK page so you have a place to find out what’s happening on campus. Enjoy getting plugged in to your new campus community!
Parking for Orientation will be in and around the Lutz-Yelton Convocation Center. Watch for signs regarding Orientation parking.
Gardner-Webb University is a Tobacco-Free Campus!
We are looking forward to your arrival at Gardner-Webb University and your participation in Spring Orientation 2015. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Orientation Office at (704) 406-4732 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Director of Orientation