Webb Spinners is Gardner-Webb’s Student Theater Society and is open to all students regardless of major or minor. Some activities include:
- singing telegrams and sonnets: “to order” poetry delivered by actors on holidays like Valentine’s Day;
- The Black Widow Ball: an end-of-the-year costume banquet celebrating the work the department has created throughout the year;
- Concessions: the student society takes charge of the concessions sold at intermission of main stage performances;
- Production documentation: the students take responsibility for documenting department activities throughout the year and compiling them in a scrapbook and slideshow at the Black Widow Ball;
- T-shirts: perhaps the most important aspect of any group is the identification of its members with the organization. By developing logos for display on t-shirts, hats, and other items, the society builds camaraderie and identification with the Theater Program and
- Campus Tours: Aiding in student recruitment, the Webb Spinners give tours to potential theater students, teaching them “the ropes,” and making sure you feel at home.
Alpha Psi Omega
The honor society for drama, Alpha Psi Omega is an invitation-only organization for outstanding students recognizing their achievement and encouraging an appreciation of theater.