- Introduction to Gardner-Webb University
- Academic Program
- Christian Life and Service
- Student Development
- Admissions, Financial Aid, And Finances
- Academic Regulations
- Courses of Instruction
- First-Year Programs
- Army Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
- Broyhill School of Management
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Performing and Visual Arts
- Department of Communication Studies
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Natural Sciences
- DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION, WELLNESS, AND SPORT STUDIES
- Department of Religious Studies and Philosophy
- Department of Social Sciences
- Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Psychology and Counseling
- Directory and Appendices
- Catalog Index
- Previous Catalogs
Army Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
Maj. Salter, Assistant Professor of Military Science
(704) 406-2112 (Fax)
Gardner-Webb offers Army ROTC in cooperation with the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Military science coursework is offered on the Gardner-Webb campus and there are no additional tuition charges for those participating in this program. ROTC provides world class leadership training opportunities applicable in corporate, executive, and government leadership positions. There are no military obligations for non-contracted students.
Prospective Gardner-Webb students may apply for an Army ROTC Scholarship, which will cover all of the recipient’s tuition and fees. In addition, Gardner-Webb University waives room and board charges for recipients of ROTC Scholarships. Other benefits also accrue to those attending Gardner-Webb on ROTC Scholarships, including monthly stipends and book allotments. Those interested should contact the Admissions Office at Gardner-Webb (704)406-4496, or the Gardner-Webb ROTC Office at (704) 406-4427. Students may elect to receive a minor in military science.
- To provide quality instruction and training that emphasizes and strengthens leadership, management and organizational skills.
- To provide quality instruction and training that develops and strengthens critical thinking, enhances problem solving skills and fosters teamwork.
- To promote and develop good written and oral communication skills.
- To instill and foster the army values that support teamwork, loyalty, respect and commitment.
MINOR FIELD OF STUDY DETAIL
MSCI 311, 311L, 312, 312L, 330, 411, 411L, 412 (18 hours)