Gardner-Webb University has contracted with Sungard Higher Education to provide a 24x7 fully staffed Blackboard Support Center. Technology Services is pleased to announce this support for our instructors and students beginning Monday, June 13, 2011.
Blackboard users may receive assistance via the following support methods:
- Toll-free phone number – (855) 501-0857
- Web site which offers features such as a Knowledge Base, most frequently asked questions, and chat with an associate. Users will also be able to submit a ticket for assistance from this site. Log on with your GWU email address and MyWebb password.
- Save this link https://ellucian.service-now.com as one of your Favorites for easy reference
- Find it on the Technology Services’ Web site
- In Blackboard, under My Blackboard then Campus Bookmarks.
Examples of services provided by the Help Desk:
- How to get the “My Computer” icon to appear so one can attach a document
- How to allow pop-ups from Blackboard
- How to send an email
- How to post a discussion thread
- How to access one’s course from MyWEBB
Questions that should still be directed to Technology Services or the Registrar’s Office:
- Technology Services - Resetting a course for an instructor
- Technology Services - Copying one instructor’s course to another instructor’s class
- Registrar’s Office - Other questions related to instructor assignment or student enrollment
- Registrar’s Office - Course coding (for WebCT/Blackboard) in Banner
- Technology Services – Locked/Disabled accounts
- Technology Services - User name and/or password lookup
- Didi/Mike - Student and instructor questions regarding the Online Orientation courses, CMP201 and CMP501