Children's Ministry Positions
Minister/Director of Youth and Children
Macedonia Baptist Church
Macedonia Baptist Church in Lincolnton, NC is presently in search of a full-time Minister/Director of Youth and Children. Candidates should be called to youth and children’s ministry, have a desire to build relationships with students and their families and have a passion to reach and disciple youth and children.
Resumes may be mailed to:
Dr. Randy Setzer c/o Macedonia Baptist Church
5286 E. Hwy 150
Lincolnton, NC 28092
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be received through May 31, 2015.
Children’s Ministry Director
Independence Hill Baptist Church
The Children’s Ministry Director at Independence Hill Baptist Church serves and works with the Children’s Ministry Team to ignite a passion to follow Jesus in the lives of children. The Director is responsible for the strategic planning, tactical coordination, and oversight of children’s programs and processes as related to Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, Vacation Bible School, summer activities/camps, and/or special events.
If interested submit a resumé to email@example.com
Associate Director of Children and Youth Ministry
New Hope Baptist Church
New Hope Baptist Church in Gastonia, NC is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Children and Youth Ministry. New Hope is located in a growing urban environment, is a theologically progressive church, has a diverse congregation, and values men and women in leadership roles. We average over 100 in attendance on Sunday mornings, and we are experiencing weekly growth in our worship attendance.
The Associate Director position is an entry level position with potential pay and position advancements. We are seeking a candidate who is a self-starter, willing to learn and grow, can foster relationships with all ages, is visionary, and willing to attempt new and creative ways of doing ministry with children, youth, and their families.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christiana Lutheran Church
Christiana Lutheran Church is seeking a high energy goal oriented Youth Director who supports our mission to spread the good news of Jesus Christ for the salvation of all people through: education, worship and service to others, in and through our youth. Leading and growing the youth in our congregation though faith and discipleship.
The Youth Director is a part-time position with potential to become a full-time position responsible for planning and implementing Christiana’s youth programs and includes every group from elementary school children through college age young adults.
The goal of the Youth Director is to provide spiritual, educational and social direction and opportunities to help our youth:
- Grow in faith in Jesus Christ.
- Serve Christ by serving others.
- Share the good news of Jesus with others.
- Strengthen their commitment to the church.
Will organize and lead portions of worship service(s).
For a detailed list of job responsibilities reporting structure, and salary range, please refer to the Christiana Lutheran Church, NALC web site (www.christianaelc.org/). Applications for this position and instructions for applying for this capacity are also located at this site under the topic of “Youth Director”. Please provide an electronic copy of your resume along with the application.
East Maiden Baptist Church
East Maiden Baptist Church, Maiden, NC seeks Associate Minister with a heart for the whole church, whose primary focus will be Youth and Children. Candidate should relate well with students, help them grow as Christians, and also reach new students. Some pastoral skills, such as preaching and visitation are welcomed. East Maiden Baptist Church typically has 170-190 in worship, with strong age-graded and missions ministries.
Send resume to: email@example.com
Summer Children’s Minister
Draytonville Baptist Church
Draytonville Baptist Church in Gaffney, SC is seeking a summer children’s minister to plan and coordinate activities for our children.
If interested, please contact Rev. Keith Harrill at firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 Children’s Ministry Summer Intern
Jonesboro Heights Baptist Church
We are looking at calling a Children's Ministry Intern for the summer. Follow the link for the job description with contact information if interested.
Associate Minister: Families and Congregational Care
Second Baptist Church
Second Baptist Church in Memphis (TN) is seeking an individual to fill the newly formed position of Associate Minister: Families and Congregational Care. This position requires one to possess an awareness of and sensitivity to all ages in the life of the church with particular emphasis on deepening spiritual formation in children, youth, and their families as well as to share in pastoral care and outreach.
Send letters of interest and resumes by March 15, 2015 to:
John N. Avis, Search Committee Chair,
4680 Walnut Grove Rd.
Memphis, TN 38117
Or e-mail – email@example.com
Children’s Ministry Assistant
Pritchard Memorial Baptist Church
Pritchard Memorial Baptist Church is seeking a part-time Children’s Ministry assistant to provide effective administrative support for the ministry to children and their families at Pritchard Memorial Baptist Church.
- Provide general secretarial and clerical support for the Minister to Children and Their Families including telephone, photocopying, faxing, and other functions.
- Organize and maintain central files for the Minister to Children and Their Families.
- Order or purchase curriculum and basic supplies for the children’s ministry.
- Enlist and maintain the Worship Care volunteer rotation. This includes recruiting new volunteers, ensuring all volunteers have completed a background check, and sending weekly reminders to volunteers.
- Create and prepare weekly children’s worship bulletins.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence and other communication as directed by the Minister to Children and their Families.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Minister to Children and Their Families.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in person, by phone and via e-mail with both employed church staff and church members.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and data management with a wide range of secretarial skills.
- Skills to create records, produce reports, generate rosters, track attendance, etc. in Shelby database system.
- Experience with a variety of office equipment including phone, fax, photocopier, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-initiative and ability to function well in team-based office culture.
- Commitment to confidentiality and responsible stewardship of information and resources.
- Exemplary Christian character and commitment to Pritchard’s mission
- Computer proficiency
If interested contact Aimee Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Children’s Ministries
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church - Mooresville is seeking a part-time Director of Children’s Ministries. The preferred candidate will have, or be working on, a master’s degree from an accredited seminary or divinity school and experience working with children or in Christian education. This position is responsible for developing, promoting, and implementing programs to further the spiritual growth of children (birth to 6th grade) through Bible study, missions, and fellowship within FBCM and its communities. FBCM implements its ministries and missions through its vision of FEED: Focus on Worship and the Word, Educate, Equip and Disciple.
If interested send resumes to email@example.com or call 704-664-2324 with questions.
Children’s Ministry Summer Intern
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church of Hickory, NC is seeking a children's ministry summer intern to assist in the church's summer ministries with preschoolers, children, and their parents. Working alongside full-time ministerial and administrative staff, the position will allow candidates to contribute significantly to Kingdom work through teaching, planning, leadership, and care.
Employment period covers 11 weeks beginning Sunday, May 17, 2015, ending Thursday, July 30, 2015.
Please submit a resume including previous church involvement, previous work experience and three references in PDF format via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes are due no later than April 15, 2015.
Part-time Children’s Minister
Bethlehem Baptist Church
Bethlehem Baptist Church in Taylorsville, NC is seeking a Children's Minister to lead the children's ministry program with the goal of helping children and their families grow in Christ's likeness.
Areas of Responsibility:
- to have a genuine love for and a calling to love, lead, and nurture young children
- to work with parents and/or guardians of children to develop healthy parenting skills and to help their children grow in Christ's likeness
- to assist with the choice of children's curriculum
- to collaborate with the Pastor, Children's Council, and lay leadership to plan, coordinate, and participate in Children's Ministry programs and activities including Sunday morning Children's Church, and Wednesday evening activities
- to develop a strong relationship with the area elementary schools
- to attend staff meetings as directed by the senior pastor
- to work closely with the youth minister, the children's council, and the VBS director to create a calendar of activities and events
- to have a CDL, class C driver's license (or to obtain said license within the first year of employment)
- to have an appropriate college or associate's degree
- to plan, coordinate, and attend a summer camp for school age children
- to demonstrate financial obedience to God’s word by being a consistent tither
- to participate in continuing education and growth opportunities in order to stay current with methods and trends
If interested please contact Mollie Lail at email@example.com
Associate Pastor of Children, Youth and Ministries
First Baptist Church
The First Baptist Church of Butner, NC, is seeking an Associate Pastor of Children, Youth and Ministries. This person will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and evaluating the activities of the children and youth of the church. The associate will also be asked to preach at least once every two months in addition to when the pastor is away.
This person will maintain a regular schedule for actually being in the office at certain times, including the pastor’s scheduled time off. This person will be a professing Christian, having already made a public commitment to full-time Christian service. A Christian that has chosen the Baptist denomination, and one who will fit within the theological ideologies (1963 BF&M, CBF) of the membership and the pastor, is required.
To apply for, or to request a copy of the full job description, email to the Personnel Committee at First Baptist Church at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If applying, please send a complete resumé by email or mail to:
First Baptist Church
P.O. Box 44
Butner, NC 27509
Resumés must be received by 4:00 p.m. February 18, 2015.
Minister of Music/ Minister of Youth and Children
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church, Burnsville NC, affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, is looking to fill positions for Minister of Music, as well as Minister of Youth and Children. Currently, positions are part-time, but the church is open to consideration of a full-time Minister with qualifications in both fields. FBC Burnsville has a long history of traditional and choral music. The candidate for Minister of Music should have a degree in music. Preference will be given for seminary training.
We are a congregation practicing a missional emphasis as we seek to meet the needs of our community, and are seeking candidates with a team-oriented approcah to ministry.
Applicants should email a letter of inquiry and resume to email@example.com . Position will be filled no later than June 1, 2015
Associate Pastor of Youth and Families
Drexel First Baptist Church
This individual will be responsible for planning, promoting and following to completion a comprehensive Christ-centered program for Drexel First Baptist. The individual will coordinate with other officers, ministries, committees and organizations as their activities relate or impact upon educational and training programs of the church.
On a full-time basis, this individual will also work closely with the senior pastor, providing assistance in all areas of pastoral care. Duties will include, but are not limited to; making arrangements for youth activities including Bible study, advisor to the Youth Council and guide them in planning and implementation of the youth ministry, seeking to incorporate the plans and the efforts of the Sunday school and mission organizations into the overall youth program. Plan and implement relevant activities for the church families, organize outreach and serve as a resource person. Advise teachers, other workers in educational positions, and work with children’s ministry committee to plan events.
Resumés may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Minister of Children and Youth Activities
Mt. Vernon Baptist Church
Forest City, NC
Mt. Vernon Baptist Church is seeking a Part-time Minister of Children and Youth Activities. The focus of this position will be Children and Youth Bible Study and Activities to include:
- Direct and coordinate weekly bible studies for children and youth
- Develops projects such as mission trips, festivals, youth camps, retreats and serve as Director/Coordinator of Vacation Bible School
- Prepare and administer an annual children and youth ministry budget
- Present quarterly report at quarterly church conference
- Monthly Children and Youth Activity
- Active participation in regular worship services including Sunday morning and evening services as well as Wednesday evening services
Interested individuals must exhibit a first and foremost love for and service to God. They must have or be pursuing a degree in religious studies.
Applicable background and reference checks will apply.
Please send a resume with three references and a letter of interest by January 30, 2015 to:
Mt. Vernon Baptist Church
Atten: The Personnel Committee
2676 Hudlow Rd.
Minister of Children
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church of Clayton, N.C., prayerfully seeks an individual to lead our congregation’s children in their walk with our Savior. The primary responsibility of the children’s minister is to plan and coordinate a comprehensive program for the preschool and children’s ministry of the church. The program should undergird the spiritual, emotional, and social development of the children as it relates to their becoming and growing as Christians. The position reports directly to the pastor and works closely with parents and volunteers in carrying out the duties of this position.
The position also supervises the director of the child development center, which is a full-day preschool for children ages birth through four years old. Interested persons should send a letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com or to:
2348 Stephanie Ln.
Clayton NC 27520
Coordinator of Children and Youth Ministry
Limestone Presbyterian Church
Limestone Presbyterian Church in Gaffney, SC is seeking a Coordinator of Children and Youth Ministry to plan, develop, and implement programs of education and spiritual growth for children and youth. To offer a variety of opportunities for children and youth to study the Bible, to worship, and to fellowship together in order to respond in faith to the call of God in Jesus Christ, and to develop as children of God.
It is the intent of Limestone Presbyterian Church to fill this vacancy as soon as possible. However, the position will remain open until filled. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, including at least three (3) references that may be contacted to:
Limestone Presbyterian Church
Attn: Personnel Team
101 East Jefferies Street
Gaffney, South Carolina 29340
Part-time Director of Children’s Ministry
Overbrook Presbyterian Church
With the Lord’s help Overbrook is pursuing a part-time director of children’s ministry who will come alongside our parents to raise our covenant children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. This position will require 10 hours of work a week.
- Organize and provide leadership for Sunday School classes.
- Organize and train Sunday morning nursery volunteers.
- Lead Wednesday night children’s bible study.
- Organize and lead an annual VBS.
- Organize and lead quarterly outings with children.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate and personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a desire to train children in the Christian faith, and a heart to reach the lost with the good news of salvation in Christ. This candidate will be familiar with the Reformed Presbyterian faith and will seek to train our covenant children in accordance with the word of God and the doctrines of the Westminster Confession of Faith. This candidate will see their job as preparing children for a life of worship in the church and in the world.
All candidates should have some experience in children’s ministry and recommendations from your current pastor and Christian brothers or sisters.
All interested parties please send resumes to Rev. David Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Pastor / Minister of Families
The Memorial Baptist Church
The Memorial Baptist Church of Greenville, NC, a Baptist congregation ministering to the community for 187 years, invites applications for a full-time Associate Pastor/ Minister of Families. TMBC is CBF affiliated and is located approximately 2 miles from East Carolina University. Primary responsibilities include ministering to youth, children, and their families as well as other ministry opportunities that may arise. Minimum education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s preferred or working toward.
Please send resumes to:
1512 Greenville Blvd, SE
Greenville, NC 27858
or to email@example.com
Review of resumes will begin immediately
Minister to Children and Families
Millbrook Baptist Church
Millbrook Baptist Church is seeking a part time Minister to Children and Families. The desired candidate will have (or be working on) a master’s degree from an accredited seminary or divinity school, experience working with children in Christian education and/or weekday early education. This person will be responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive programs for children, be a liason for our PreSchool program and provide pastoral care to children and their families.
Send resume to PersonnelCom@millbrookbaptistchurch.org or mail to:
Personnel Committee, Millbrook Baptist Church
1519 E. Millbrook Road
Lattimore Baptist Church
Lattimore Baptist church is looking for a Children’s Minister to:
- Plan, organize, and lead weekly children’s Bible study. (Sunday afternoons for 1 Hour)
- Plan, promote, recruit volunteers, and lead monthly children’s activity.
- Plan, Recruit volunteers, teach and/or supervise weekly children’s church lessons during the last half hour of Sunday Morning Worship time, for children ages 4-7.
- Plan and share a weekly children’s chat during the Sunday Morning Worship Time for children, lasting 3-5 minutes.
- Plan and lead efforts for outreach to children and families inside and outside the church.
- Plan and organize summer camp for children in grades 2-6. (must have completed the first grade)
- Help plan and assist with Vacation Bible School.
Interested persons should email Pastor Court Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children, Youth and Family Pastor
Shepherd of the Mountains
Shepherd of the Mountains is a young (2+ years old), non-denominational church that is seeking to invite people into God’s Kingdom and to nurture their faith. “Family” is important at Shepherd Church and so we do everything we can to celebrate & support families and are trying to weave a sense of family into everything that we do. We are seeking an associate pastor of Children, Youth & Family Ministry who will help lead the process of developing holistic ministries to families!
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, but commensurate real life experience also acceptable.
- A strong passion for nurturing the faith of children, youth and their families.
- A vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
If interested contact Pastor Al Beck at email@example.com
Associate Pastor for Music and Children
First Baptist Church
The Associate Pastor for Music and Children develops the ministries of worship, music, and children. This ministry helps the church fulfill its God-given mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in music and ministry
- Seminary degree (M.Div., M.C.M, or M.A.C.E.)
- 3-5 years of congregational ministerial experience
- Maturing Christian faith
- Well organized; gifts of administration
- Assist the Pastor with pastoral care needs, with a focus on individuals associated with music and children’s ministries.
- Design and facilitate services of worship in consultation with the Pastor.
- In consultation with the Children’s Ministry Council, design and maintain a comprehensive ministry of faith formation to children and their families.
- Supervise all paid and volunteer staff associated with the music ministry to include directors and accompanists.
- Direct the adult choir.
- Enlist, equip, empower, and enable leadership for additional choirs toward a fully graded choir ministry.
- Manage equipment, instruments, and music for worship/music ministry.
- Serve as staff liaison to worship, music, and children’s ministry related committees.
- Present an annual budget for all relevant ministry areas.
- Assist with the planning and conducting of weddings and funerals as needed.
- Other responsibilities as agreed upon with the Pastor.
If interested please contact Pastor Rick Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Children and Youth
Fairfield Mountains Chapel
Lake Lure, NC
Fairfield Mountains Chapel is seeking a male or female or a couple to direct a program of ministry to children and youth. Ours is a multi-denominational "Community" church with a total membership around 450, with an average attendance of about half that many.
If interested please contact:
Fairfield Mountains Chapel
1384 Buffalo Creek Road
Lake Lure, NC 28746
Or email to: email@example.com
Minister of Youth and Children
Union Cross Baptist Church
Union Cross Baptist Church of Kernersville, NC is seeking a part-time Minister of Youth and Children. The church is dually aligned with CBF and SBC and affirms women in leadership.
Inquiries and resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
4350 High Point Road
Kernersville, NC 27284
Part-time Interim Children’s Ministries Coordinator
Morningside Baptist Church
Morningside Baptist Church in Spartanburg, South Carolina is seeking a part-time interim Children’s Ministries Coordinator. For more information about Morningside go to www.msidechurch.org.
Resumes can be sent to Reggie Hill at email@example.com.
Interim Children’s Minister
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church in Greensboro, NC seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Interim Director for our growing Children and Family Ministry. The position is full-time (30-40 hrs/wk depending on availability) including benefits associated with full-time employment at First Baptist. The Interim Director will work together with the rest of the Pastoral team, assuming primary leadership of the spiritual formation and pastoral support of children and their families.
The position will last for the duration of the search for a permanent Children’s Minister (estimated until May 2015). The Interim Director will receive a minimum of one-month’s notice upon the selection of a permanent Children’s Minister.
Minimum qualifications: College Degree; experience working with children; experience working in a congregational or organizational setting
Part-time Children's Ministry Assistant Teacher
Central United Methodist Church
Central United Methodist Church is looking for a Part-time Children's Ministry Assistant Teacher(adult) to teach ages 6-12 Wednesday & Sunday.
For further information and inquiries, please contact Henry Sparrow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864.574.0784.
Director of Children’s Ministries
Kistler’s United Methodist Church
The Director of Children’s Ministries is a part-time position with a flexible schedule consisting of 20-25 hours per month at $12 per hour. The director is in charge of the organization and the implementation of children’s ministries for the church. This includes but is not limited to planning children’s activities, spiritual growth and development, as well as coordination and training of volunteers.
The qualifications for the job include a high school diploma, CPR certification and basic first aid knowledge (if not currently certified we will work with you to get you trained. Do not let this stop you from applying). Applicants must have a working knowledge of the Bible and a church background. It is also strongly suggested that they have a familiarity with teaching and or Christian education methods. Applicants should have strong communication and organizational skills, as well as be energetic. Applicants should also have references and recommendations from former employers, teachers, or professors.
If you are interested in applying for this position or have any questions please contact Rev. David Hiatt at email@example.com or (704) 538-7163.