Children's Resource Team, WMU
- Oversees the design and production of print and electronic resources.
- Enlists and trains writers; and makes writing assignments for curriculum.
- Edits manuscripts for general content, audience appropriateness, doctrinal soundness, and adherence to program and curriculum based designs and Dated Designs.
- Consults with graphic designer on layout of resource.
- Proofs manuscripts at all stages of production.
- Participates in developing and implementing team strategies.
- Participates in the development of Dated Designs for the children’s audience.
- Prepares and maintains production schedules and budgets for resources.
- Assists in selecting, training, and evaluating team members.
- Serves on in-house and interagency teams. Fulfills writing and field assignments.
- Undergraduate degree and master’s degree (primary education or child development degree programs, preferred).
- Three to five years of progressive experience with the children’s audience (or five to eight years of experience for those candidates without a master’s degree).
- Member of the Christian faith and Baptist church involvement on the local level.
- Knowledge of the Southern Baptist Convention and WMU, preferred.
- Good word processing skills, preferred.
If you share our values, feel free to submit a resume to Human Resources:
fax: (205) 995-4827
Or mail to:
100 Missionary Ridge
Birmingham, AL 35242