The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Mississippi seeks a Coordinator to advance both the mission and identity of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and the purpose and goals of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Mississippi. Candidates should possess a Master of Divinity or its equivalent, a minimum of five years experience in ministry, proven administrative skills, with excellent interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills, as well as a thorough knowledge of the policy and practices of the CBF and the CBF of MS. CBF of MS seeks one who enjoys the practice of missions and ministry. To that end, the person chosen for this position will be expected to take on an active leadership role in maintaining a good working relationship with all CBF partners in Mississippi and recruiting new individuals and churches to CBF of MS. To view the formal job description, specific responsibilities and qualifications, please visit the CBF of MS website at www.cbfms.org.
Resumes may be sent to the CBF of MS office:
Deenie Grubbs, Ministry Manager
P.O. Box 1725
Madison, MS 39130
or e-mail to: email@example.com by April 15, 2013.
Follow this link for more information: http://nics.org/career-opportunities
Minister of Outreach and New Initiatives
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church of Springfield, Virginia, is prayerfully looking for a minister to help us bridge the “gap” between our familiar church culture and the unchurched people in our community. The primary responsibility of our new Minister of Outreach and New Initiatives, in both time and focus, will be to develop and lead a new ministry to reach people in our community through initiatives beyond our church walls of outreach, discipleship, community service, and worship. Our Minister of Outreach and New Initiatives will also be engaged in the equipping of our existing ministries for more effective outreach and in the leadership of our current contemporary service.
Our Minister of Outreach and New Initiatives will be a person who has an affection for established churches with a hope for their continued Kingdom potential, but also has the heart of a “church planter” with a visionary passion for starting a new ministry. Our new minister will be Christ-centered and Biblically-grounded, and, at the same time, conversant with the dynamics of the prevailing culture and current in knowledge of technological and social trends. Our new minister will need to testify to the basic qualifications of Christian ministry, with theology and practice consistent with traditional Baptist beliefs, formal theological education, and practical ministry experience in the development and leadership of innovative ministries.
If you are open to consider whether our position of Minister of Outreach and New Initiatives might be a ministry where God would have you serve, we invite you to contact us for more information. Resumes may be submitted to First Baptist Church, 7300 Gary Street, Springfield, VA, 22150; e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or faxed to 703-451-3410. Our office telephone number is 703-451-1500. Our website is www.fbcspringfield.org.
Summer 2013 Internships
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church, Greenville, SC has three 10-week part-time internships and one 10-week full-time internship available for Summer 2013 in four different ministry areas. The internships are designed to provide the recipients an opportunity to more fully discern their vocational paths; identify strengths, gifts, interests, and abilities; gain practice in thinking theologically about a variety of aspects of life and ministry; and to gain firsthand knowledge of and experience in a large multi-staff progressive Baptist church. The following internships are available for 2013:
1) Preschool Ministry Intern (Part-time — 20 hours per week; $2000 stipend): This intern will participate in all aspects of the church’s preschool ministry: Sunday School, Art and Music camps, VBS, and with the church’s child abuse prevention program. The intern will be expected to design a project, as well as to participate in worship leadership. Supervising minister: Juli Morrow, Minister with preschoolers and their families.
2) Ministry Intern with Elementary School Age Children (Part-time—20 hours per week; $2000 stipend): This intern will participate in all aspects of the church’s ministry with elementary age children: Mission Weeks, Camps, VBS, and assistance with acolyte ministry, SS teaching, and children’s sermons. The intern will be expected to design a project, as well as to participate in worship leadership. Supervising Minister: Becky Ramsey, Minister with elementary age children and their families.
3) Youth Ministry Intern (Full-time; $3000 stipend): This intern will assist in all aspects of ministry to students (grades 6 through college) for the summer including weekly mission opportunities, Bible study and fellowship activities; camps; and mission trips. The intern will be expected to design a project, as well as to participate in worship leadership. Supervising Minister: John Callaway, Minister with students and their families.
4) Activities Ministry Intern (Part-time—20 hours per week; $2000 stipend): This intern will be involved in the church’s recreation and activities ministry assisting with volunteer recruitment and development, pastoral care, partnerships in the community, and the spiritual development aspects of the activities ministry. The intern will be expected to design a project, as well as to participate in worship leadership. Supervising Minister: Matt Rollins, Minister in activities and with young adults.
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions or need more information, please send an inquiry stating the specific internship(s) for which you are interested to email@example.com. You will be sent more specific information about the internship(s) in which you are interested and information regarding application processes and procedures. The deadline for completed applications is February 28, 2013.
Family Faith Coordinator
SouthPark Christian Church
SouthPark Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has a part-time opening for a new position: FAMILY FAITH COORDINATOR. The person we are searching for will be outgoing, creative, and interesting. The Family Faith Coordinator will work with the minister(s) and respective committees to encourage and nurture the faith of our children, youth, and families by providing leadership and programs geared toward discipleship, fellowship, service, and outreach.
Send a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annie's House Coordinator
First Baptist Church Greenville
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The coordinator will live in a sustainable low-cost house that we are currently constructing in Greenville, SC. He/she will work with our various partners to maintain the house/grounds, and proliferate sustainable practices to the surrounding low-income neighborhoods. Initially, the coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of Annie’s House.
POSITION DURATION: The position is a paid development position spanning 3 to 5 years and will include full benefits. The goal will be to develop the individual over this timeframe and then assist him or her to find full-time employment outside of Annie’s House.
- Establish and run Annie's House (grounds, home and activities)
- Work with Sustaining Way partners to establish/progress sustainability through leading projects and education efforts in the surrounding communities
- Assist with establishment of various community and backyard gardens (Nicholtown, FBCG, other churches, and low-income homes)
- Model a simple sustainable lifestyle as a way of living out one’s faith
- Run and serve as the mentor for Annie's House Mentor Program
- Serve as First Baptist Church of Greenville’s SAVER/Neighborhood Partnership Coordinator
- Low income individual (student, jobless, etc.) – 2011 income below approx. 60% of local median about $22k
- Good fit for Nicholtown neighborhood (low-income/minority neighborhood)
- Passion for sustainability and caring for God’s creation
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Someone that loves to learn and grow
- Willing to work nights and weekends
- Hands on skills in sustainability or capability to learn and apply (energy efficiency, alt. energy, organic gardening, construction, etc.)
- Physically capable of performing light construction and landscaping tasks
- Ability/desire to live/demonstrate how to live a simpler, more sustainable life
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Right to work in the U.S.
Minister of Young Adults, Outreach, and Communication
First Baptist Church
The Minister of Young Adults, Outreach, and Communication is a full time ministerial position responsible for ministry with young adults ages 18-35, as the director of the church's communications, and staff liaison to the outreach council. This position serves as the church's videographer, website producer, and producer of fbcknox.tv. The ideal candidate should have prior experience on church staff and be comfortable with Apple media platforms, videography, social networks, and website development.
Send resumes to email@example.com
Director of Communications
Buckner International/First Baptist Church
The Director of Communications is a full-time staff position working for Buckner International and serving as the staff liaison for the Missions Council. Applicants should have completed a Master of Social Work and have some church staff experience.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by applying through Buckner. Full job description is posted at the link below: