Step 1Admissions Criteria
PROGRAMS OTHER THAN NURSING
- Official transcripts indicating 48 transferable credit hours from a regionally accredited institution for all programs except Elementary Education which requires 44 credit hours (an applicant with fewer than 48 credit hours who meet all other admissions criteria may be admitted provided that a success coach approves a curriculum plan for that applicant)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
- Completion of specific prerequisite coursework as deemed necessary by the department of the chosen major
- Completion of an associate degree with a major in nursing or a hospital diploma nursing program
- Current, unrestricted RN licensure
- One year of nursing experience within the past five years OR completion of a nursing program within the past year
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on all previous college coursework
- Immunizations as required by the University and the Hunt School of Nursing
- Completion of a satisfactory criminal background check
SECOND DEGREE BSN PROGRAM
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Completion of required prerequisite courses
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all previous college coursework
- Minimum SAT score of 1050 (with at least a 500 in Critical Reading and 500 Math) OR minimum ACT composite score of 22 (with at least a 21 in English, 18 in Math, and 20 in Reading) OR a satisfactory Kaplan or TEAS score in all areas
- Completion of a satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
Questions? Please call 866-498-4625 or email email@example.com.
Step 2Apply Online
Complete the DCP online application.
*Second Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) applicants must select Summer 2017 as the entry term on the application.
Step 3Send Us Your Transcripts
Request sealed, official transcripts from each college or university attended be sent to the following address.
Gardner-Webb University Degree Completion Program
P.O. Box 1896
Boiling Springs, NC 28017