How to Apply
- Graduate from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a bachelor’s degree.
- Complete undergraduate course prerequisites or equivalents with a “C” or better. Persons who have not completed this requirement may be granted “conditional acceptance,” and after satisfactorily completing the required courses at Gardner-Webb University or elsewhere may be granted full admission. See below for required prerequisites by program.
- Present a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for MBA, IMBA, MAcc or MWTM program on all undergraduate coursework completed on the last 64 hours of undergraduate or graduate work attempted.
- A completed application with a $40 non-refundable processing fee.
- Original transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Detailed resume of professional experience.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation on our standard form.
If the applicant submits the GRE score, we will use the GRE® Comparison Tool for Business Schools available at http://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/mba/comparison_tool
A satisfactory GMAT or GRE score according to the Quantitative Acceptance Index (QAI) formula:
QAI-GMAT: [(GPA*200)+GMAT Score >= 950]
If the applicant submits the GRE score, we will use the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools available at: http://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/mba/comparison_tool.
Applying for the Business Foundations Certificate is easy. Simply visit our Apply Now form and complete
the online application.
MBA and IMBA PrerequisitesPrinciples of Accounting I (3 semester hours)
Principles of Accounting II (3 semester hours)
Financial Management (3 semester hours)
Principles of Marketing (3 semester hours)
Microeconomics (3 semester hours)
Macroeconomics (3 semester hours)
Microcomputers (or proficiency) (3 semester hours)
Statistics or Business Statistics (3 semester hours)
Management Science (3 semester hours)
In addition to the above prerequisites, the MAcc Program requires:Intermediate Accounting I (3 semester hours)
Intermediate Accounting II (3 semester hours)
Auditing (3 semester hours)
Advanced Accounting (3 semester hours)
Cost Accounting (3 semester hours)
Income Tax (3 semester hours)
Master of Wealth and Trust Management PrerequisitesPrinciples of Accounting (6 hours)
Financial Management (3 hours)
Microeconomics (3 hours)
Macroeconomics (3 hours)
Principles of Marketing (3 hours)
Income Tax (3 hours)
CISS 300 (or Excel proficiency) (3 hours)
Returning Student Requirements:
Any student who has previously attended any graduate business class and wishes to be eligible to begin taking classes must complete the following admission requirements.
- Complete a Re-Admit Application - Fill out the Re-Admit Application**
Download and complete the readmit application form and submit this form to the Office of Admissions for the Graduate School of Business.
- Submit Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
As an admission requirement, the Graduate School of Business requests that applicants submit a copy of a current working resume. This can be sent by mail to the Graduate School of Business Office of Admissions or by e-mail.