Instructions for Students Transferring To Gardner-Webb
If you plan to transfer to GWU, you must complete the following steps in order to be considered for financial assistance:
- Transfer students must have been admitted to GWU and have their current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at GWU.
- If you wish to be considered for financial assistance, you should call the Federal Processor (FAFSA) at 1-800-433-3243 and request that Gardner-Webb receive your financial aid information or go to their web site at www.fafsa.gov and add our school code, 002929.
- Before GWU can award you financial aid, any aid at your prior school must be cancelled.
- Your financial aid award at GWU will be based on the academic credits that have been accepted and posted as of the day your financial aid award is made. Late transfer credits may result in higher loan eligibility.
Instructions for Students Transferring From Gardner-Webb
- If you will not be attending the upcoming semester at GWU, the Financial Planning Office needs written notification in order to cancel any aid for the future term.
- If you wish to be considered for financial assistance at your new school, call the Federal Processor at 1-800-433-3243 to request that your new school receive your financial aid information or visit their website at www.fafsa.gov.
- Contact the financial aid office at the new school to find out what other steps you must take to be considered for aid at their institution.
Institutional Scholarships and Grants for Transfer Students
Gardner-Webb University offers the following Institutional Scholarship and Grants to Transfer Students.
|College Transfer GPA||Resident||Commuter|
|Transfer Provost Scholarship||3.75 and above||$10,000||$8,000|
|Transfer Dean's Scholarship||3.5-3.749||$8,500||$6,500|
|Transfer Achievement Scholarship||3-3.49||$7,500||$5,500|
|Transfer Opportunity Grant||2.5-2.99||$5,000||$5,000|
Scholarship Maintenance for Transfer Students
Scholarship Maintenance is reviewed at the end of the academic year. All scholarships require full time enrollment, and the award amount is based on housing status. If you choose to move off campus, please contact the Financial Planning Office to determine how your scholarship/other awards will be affected.
The GPA requirement for each scholarship is listed below. If your cumulative GPA is below the required minimum, you will be placed on Scholarship Probation for the fall semester. You will be eligible to receive your scholarship while on probation, however, if at the end of the fall term you have not achieved the required GPA your scholarship will be rescinded for the spring semester.
You may appeal the loss of your scholarship by writing a letter to the Associate Director of Financial Planning. It is important to remember that extenuating circumstances must be fully documented.
|Transfer Provost Scholarship||3.0|
|Transfer Dean's Scholarship||2.8|
|Transfer Achievement Scholarship||2.8|
*Nursing students must remain in good standing in the Nursing program in lieu of the above stated GPAs to retain scholarship funds.