• Broad River Greenway - Offers canoeing, tubing, swimming, fishing, picnicking, hiking, bicycling, horse trails and educational/recreational workshops and seminars.
Address: 2325 Riverside Drive, Boiling Springs, NC 28017
Distance: 3 miles
• River Bend Golf Course - The 18-hole “River Bend” course at the River Bend Golf Course facility in Shelby, North Carolina features 6,555 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 71 and it has a slope rating of 131.
Address: 3005 Longwood Drive, Shelby, NC 28152
Distance: 7 miles
• Biltmore Estate - Plan your getaway to America’s largest home, the Biltmore House, surrounded by inspiring gardens, America’s most visited winery, and the interpretive River Bend Farm. Play in the 8,000 acre backyard with an array of outdoor activities, indulge in one-of-a-kind shopping, and savor our restaurants’ exceptional fare. Visit Biltmore in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, NC.
Address: 1 Approach Road, Asheville, NC 28803
Distance: 50 miles
Phone: 800-411-3812 or 828-225-1333
• Blue Ridge Parkway - The Parkway incorporates several recreation areas, some exceeding 6,000 acres. These parks within the Parkway have visitor centers, campgrounds, picnic areas, trails and, in many cases, concessionaire-operated lodges, restaurants and other facilities.
Address: 199 Hemphill Knob Road, Asheville, NC 28803
Distance: 40 miles
Phone: 828-298-0398 or 828-271-4779
• Shady Side Race Track - Shadyside Dragway is a 1/8 mile drag strip located just outside Boiling Springs.
Address: 2149 Honey Haven Farm Road, Shelby, NC 28152
Distance: 5 miles
• Kings Mountain National Military Park - As for exciting historic battle grounds, Kings Mountain National Military Park is a prominent Revolutionary battle sight and is located northeast of Blacksburg. Famous for the 1780 battle where the colonial Patriots defeated the Loyalists, the park contains a visitor’s center which houses exhibits, an 18-minute film and a sales center. A 1.5 mile trail surrounds the battlefield. Free admission.
Address: I-85 on SC Hwy. 216, Kings Mountain, NC 28086
Distance: 23 miles
Hours of Operation: Open daily 9:00a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
• Cowpens National Battleground - The Cowpens National Battleground is another Revolutionary War site and is located northwest of Gaffney. More precisely, it is located 3 miles east of Chesnee, S.C. Scenic Highway 11 in Cherokee County, S.C. It is a site of a decisive American Revolutionary War battle fought on Jan. 17, 1781. Gen. Daniel Morgan’s troops soundly defeated LT. Col. Banastre Tarleton’s in classic military style.
Address: 4001 Chesnee Hwy., Chesnee, SC 29323
Distance: 22 miles
Hours of Operation: Open 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. year-round. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day.
• Prime Outlets of Gaffney - Prime Outlets of Gaffney is located right in the heart of the Carolina foothills, off Interstate 85. With over 70 stores to choose from, this village-style designer outlet center includes: Nike, Ann Taylor, Pottery Barn, Gap, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Polo Ralph Lauren, Journeys, PacSun, Coach, Nine West and much more! After shopping, eat next door at the Cracker Barrel or Outback Steakhouse.
Address: 1 Factory Shops Blvd, Gaffney, SC 29341
Distance: 15 miles
Hours of Operation: Monday - Saturday - 10am - 9pm, Sunday Shops - 1:30pm - 7pm, Sunday
Food Court - 12pm - 7pm. Closed Easter, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day. Hours are subject to change.
• Gaffney Entertainment Center - 16 new bowling lanes, individual bumpers per person, 8 state of the art movie theaters, 2 huge arcades, grill featuring a full menu (beside Prime Outlets Mall)
Address: 1100 Factory Shops Blvd, Gaffney, SC 29341
Distance: 15 miles
Hours: Sun. – Thurs. 12 PM – 10 PM; Fri. & Sat. 12 PM -2 AM
• Chimney Rock Park - Chimney Rock Park is the natural fulfillment of your trip to the mountains. Take a deep breath of refreshing mountain air, become invigorated by our hiking trails, and let your cares fade away in the cool mists of Hickory Nut Falls. This is the perfect place to reconnect with nature and spend time with family and friends.
Address: Highway 64/74A, PO Box 39, Chimney Rock, NC 28720
Distance: 75 miles
• Don Gibson Theater - 400 seat venue acts primarily as a very intimate concert hall. You’ll get the best Jazz, Country, Blues, Comedy, Rock and Roll, Bluegrass, vintage film series and everything in between. You’ll see it all at the Don Gibson Theatre.
Address: 318 S Washington St, Shelby, NC 28150
Distance: 15 miles
• Carowinds Theme Park - Brave one of Carowinds 13 pulse-pounding roller coasters - it’s what defines us as the thrill capital of the Southeast! Amusement park classics and rides the entire family can enjoy. Visit SCarowinds Halloween Haunt XI in the Fall.
Address: 14523 Carowinds Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28273
Distance: 56 miles