Planning a successful event requires forethought, communication, and organization. The Facility Services staff is here to assist you in making your event a success. In order to do so, all requests to reserve event spaces, equipment, catering, and labor must be submitted through Meeting Room Manager at least 10 days in advance. Requests are no longer accepted by phone, email, or Special Function Form. It is critical that all requests be entered through Meeting Room Manager. If you a member of the GWU Community and wish to schedule an event, you can see your department Administrative Assistant to submit requests through Meeting Room Manager.
- Make sure facilities to be used are reserved allowing for sufficient set up and take down time.
- Submit all requests at least 10 business days prior to your need.
- Make sure you have confirmation of your original request and any subsequent changes. Non-confirmed messages (voice mail, email and second hand communication) are often not effective. If you do not receive a written or electronic confirmation of the change then it is your responsibility to follow up and confirm your needs.
- Please pay close attention to our guidelines requirements.
- Communicate clearly what time you expect your set up to be prepared.
- Make sure you are aware of what might or might not be available or how much time may be required.
- Plan to be present during the set up if you have particular needs. It is not possible to always clearly express your expectations in writing, and as event planner your presence may be required if you have a high profile event and time is of the essence.
- To schedule staff to be available to meet the needs available which have been communicated and confirmed to you in writing.
- To communicate to housekeeping, maintenance, and grounds the basic detail of your event.
- To review your request and advise you or any known problems.
- To assess your account for all set up charges, including items or changes which you may request verbally during the set up process.