Listed below are summaries of the responsibilities of positions available at Gardner-Webb University. These are summaries only and are not job descriptions. Unless otherwise noted, positions are open until filled. To find out more about the vacancies, please contact either Scott White, Director of Human Resources, or Frances Sizemore, Associate Director of Human Resources.
Gardner-Webb University maintains a policy of non-discrimination. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, color, sex, national origin, veteran status, handicap, age, or any other basis prohibited by statute.
Gardner-Webb University is a private institution founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905 and employs individuals who participate in and whole heartedly support Christian values.
Assistant Professor - School of Nursing
Gardner-Webb University is announcing a 9-month tenure-track position for an Assistant Professor in the School of Nursing (SON) to begin August, 2014.
Responsibilities include teaching and managing assigned courses, collaboration with others to provide course review and revisions consistent with standards of the Program and the University, identification of the need for management of University resources while providing excellent nursing education and communication with colleagues, the Chairs and the Dean to insure efficiency in Program, SON and University operation. Additional responsibilities include student advisement and providing service to the University, SON, and community
The Gardner-Webb University School of Nursing is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN formerly NLNAC) and offers ADN and BSN prelicensure programs as well as an online RN-BSN program. Master’s concentrations include Nursing Education, Nursing Administration, MSN/MBA and Family Nurse Practitioner. Concentrations in the DNP program include Educational Leadership and Advanced Practice Leadership. Responsibilities will include teaching courses from one or more of these programs.
Terminal degree in nursing or education with a master’s degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution is required.
*Doctorate in Nursing (Ph.D./DNP) preferred
Preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation is required. Applicants without this preparation must complete the required coursework within 3 years from time of employment.
- Possesses a current unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina, a compact state or be eligible for licensure in North Carolina.
- Has a minimum of two years employment in direct client care as a Registered Nurse.
- College level teaching experience is preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience in the accreditation process preferred
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Candidates should send a letter of interest, current CV, official college transcripts, and contact information for three references to:
Sharon Starr, PhD, RN
P.O. Box 7309
Boiling Springs, NC 28017
Electronic submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Professor of American Sign Language
Gardner-Webb University seeks qualified candidates for a position as Assistant Professor of American Sign Language. GWU offers a Major in ASL with a minor in Interpreting. Applicants should have an earned graduate degree, superior or superior plus on the Sign Communication Proficiency Interview, American Sign Language Teacher Association certification and have a strong commitment to undergraduate education and public outreach. Preferred qualifications include a doctorate in a related field and training as a SLPI evaluator.
Gardner-Webb University currently offers a four year degree in American Sign Language with a minor in interpreting. Our goal is to prepare students to interpret in the community, to teach ASL, and to have the language skills and cultural sensitivity necessary to work with deaf people in a variety of settings. Many of our students go on to complete graduate degrees in Deaf Education, Counseling, and Social Work.
The University desires to fill the position no later than August 1, 2014. Salary and benefits are competitive with institutions of a similar size and purpose. Screening of applicants will begin February 15, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, official transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to: Dr. Bernhard Martin, P.O. Box 7266, Gardner-Webb University, Boiling Springs, NC 28017. E-mail: email@example.com.
Gardner-Webb University is a coeducational, private institution with a strong emphasis in the liberal arts, located in Boiling Springs, NC (50 miles southwest of Charlotte) offering a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts and sciences and in professional and pre-professional fields to approximately 4000 students. Founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905, Gardner-Webb employs individuals who participate in and wholeheartedly support Christian values.
Physician Assistant (PA) Program - Faculty
Gardner-Webb University is seeking faculty for its Physician Assistant (PA) Program. The candidates should embrace Gardner-Webb’s primary care mission and have experience in a primary care setting. Salary and rank (assistant or associate professor) will be commensurate with experience. To learn more about Gardner-Webb University, go to http://www.gardner-webb.edu/paprogram.
- Graduate of an accredited PA Program
- Current NCCPA certification
- Eligibility for PA licensure in North Carolina
- Master’s degree, Doctorate preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer wise with skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated with refined organizational skills
- Twelve-month (12), full-time position that reports to the program director
- Platform, small group, and lab instruction throughout didactic and clinical curriculum
- Participation in ARC-PA provisional accreditation process, maintenance, and future site visits
- Assistance with creation and evaluation of didactic and clinical curriculum
- Advise and mentor students in the cohort
- Participation in student admissions process
- Participation in department meetings, university committees, and state and national PA organizations
- Participation in scholarly and service activities appropriate for mission of department
- Clinical practice opportunity available
Forward letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and three references with contact information to:
Associate Program Director
Physician Assistant Studies
PO Box 7252
Boiling Springs, NC 28017
704-406-2369 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The applicant review process will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Assistant Director of Transfer Recruitment
Gardner-Webb University (GWU) seeks a goal-oriented, successful and energetic recruitment professional to lead transfer enrollment strategies and recruitment activities. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Undergraduate Admissions, the Assistant Director of Transfer Recruitment manages the transfer territory and is responsible for recruiting a specific number of qualified applicants who will subsequently enroll at Gardner-Webb University.
Recruitment activities include:
- Travel to North Carolina-based and selected out-of-state community colleges, making public presentations and interviewing potential transfer students.
- Collaborate with University partners to maximize recruitment and further develop student-centered processes and transitions Strategize and implement all transfer recruitment activities to grow the transfer market
- Build partnerships ensuring GWU maximizes transfer enrollment, both on and off campus
- Provide preliminary evaluation of academic and other credentials for admission advising and to serve prospective transfers who desire to know what might transfer prior to applying
- Assist with on-campus visit programs Interface regularly with faculty, advising, financial aid, athletics, student life, and other campus partners to orchestrate the best possible impression of GWU for every prospective transfer student.
Night and weekend work, significant travel and the ability to work as a team are all characteristics of this career. A bachelor's degree and a valid driver’s license are required. Previous admissions experience preferred.
A letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references should be sent to:
Gretchen Tucker, Associate Vice President of Undergraduate Admissions
PO Box 817
Boiling Springs, NC 28017
or via e-mail to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Position starting immediately.
IP Project Technician
The Department of Operations is seeking a knowledgeable and energetic individual to help maintain the university’s telephone, security systems, and building management systems. Specific skillsets are required for this technician position. The position reports to the Director of Operations Administration.
Good working knowledge of IP configuration and a basic understanding of routing.
Strong technical and low voltage skills
Must be able to quickly learn diverse software applications
The ability to work well with others across departmental areas
The position is scheduled for 40 hours a week (8am-5pm) with possible overtime
Regular on-call responsibilities with occasional weekend and after-hours work
No physical limitations including: working from heights, lifting, and reading detailed drawings and documents
Installation, repair, maintenance, programming, & configuration of all electronic field devices in the Operations area. Such devices include but are not limited to: VOIP telephones, IP cameras, wireless access points, mechanical systems, access controls, alarm systems, and electric meters.
While this position reports to Operations, it interfaces regularly with Technology Services and the campus network administrator.
Other duties as assigned.
Gardner-Webb University is a coeducational, residential, private institution with a strong emphasis in the Liberal Arts, located in Boiling Springs, North Carolina (50 miles southwest of Charlotte) offering a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs to approximately 4,000 students. Founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905, Gardner-Webb University employs individuals who participate in and wholeheartedly support Christian values. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.