Cap and Gown Information
The Graduation fee does not cover the purchase of your cap and gown; you are responsible to pay Jostens directly. ** Jostens requires that you pay them directly for your cap and gown when you place your order or you can purchase the cap and gown at the GRAD FAIR on March 4th. If you have a question about whether your order was received, or about the status of your order contact Jostens at 1-800-854-7464.
To order your Cap and Gown:
- A Grad Fair will be held in the Basement Lounge of the Dover Campus Center on the main campus of Gardner-Webb University on March 4th from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for you to purchase your Cap and Gown on site.
- Order from the Jostens website at http://www.shop.jostens.com. **Jostens requires your payment at the time of the order.**
- Order your Cap and Gown according to your size and degree. All graduates will wear black tassels. Undergraduate and most graduate students will not order a hood. The hood will be given to you at graduation, and your GWU account charged as follows:
- Associate of Arts in Nursing: No hood - No charge
- Bachelor of Science (All GOAL Programs and some Day Programs): Gold hood - $24
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Gold hood - $24
- Bachelor of Arts (only in Undergraduate Day programs): White hood - $24
- Bachelor of Music: Pink hood - $24
- Bachelor of Fine Arts: Brown hood - $24
- Master of Science in Nursing: Apricot hood - $28
- Master of Arts in Education (All graduate School of Education programs): Light Blue hood - $28
- Master of Arts in English and English Education: White hood - $28
- Master of Arts in Counseling: White hood - $28
- Master of Arts / Education Specialist: Light Blue hood - $28
- Masters in Sport Science and Pedagogy: Sage hood - $28
- Master of Business Admin., Accountancy, and Int'l Business Admin.: Drab hood - $28
- Master of Divinity: Red hood - $28
- Doctoral candidates: Order your Cap, Gown, and hood according to your size and degree. You will need to place your name inside of the hood and deliver the hood to a representative of the Registrar’s Office prior to the commencement. All graduates will wear black tassels.
1. Doctor of Ministry: Red Doctorate hood
2. Doctor of Education: Light Blue hood
3. Doctor of Nursing Practice: Apricot hood