Conditions for Transient Credit
Gardner-Webb University students may take transient credit (click here for the form) if the following conditions are met. A student must obtain permission for transient credit.
1. The academic standing of a Gardner-Webb University student for retention purposes cannot be improved by attendance at another institution.
2. Transient credit will not be accepted for:
A. Students not in good academic standing (i.e., students on probation or suspension).
B. Students who attend institutions other than regionally accredited colleges or universities.
C. Students wishing to repeat a course in which a “D” or “F” was made at Gardner- Webb.
3. Students in their final year of study must get a waiver of the last 24/32 hour rule (click here for the form) approved by an Associate Provost. Students are required to complete the waiver form and the transient form for permission to be given. This form is available online or at the Registrar's Office window. (Webb Hall 109)
4. Credit may be transferred only for courses in which the student has earned a “C” or better. The student must meet graduation requirements for the total number of hours required.
See the TRANSFER CREDIT POLICY in the catalog concerning required number of hours allowed from a two year college and a four year school to count toward a bachelor's degree from Gardner-Webb University.
5. It is the responsibility of the student to request an official transcript from the school where transient credit was taken to be sent to the Registrar's Office at Gardner-Webb University immediately following completion of the course. It should be mailed to Sherri Jackson, Gardner-Webb University, PO Box 997, Boiling Springs, NC 28017
6. If the student completes the transient credit form, the form must be submitted before the last class day of the semester prior to the requested semester of study.
*Example for filling in table on front of form.
Semester & Year*
Transfer Course No.*
Is this an Online Course?
GWU Equivalent Course No.*
Dept. Chair's Signature
(for the Subject Area)*
Cleveland Comm Co
No signature required
Hampton CC - Virginia
Dept. Chair Social Science