- Immunization Information
- Veterans' Benefits
- Transfer Credit
- Transfer Credit Request Form
- Privacy (FERPA)
- Graduation Information
- Important Information for Graduation
- Applying for Graduation
- Letter from the Provost
- Baccalaureate Service Invitation
- Commencement Instructions
- Important Graduation Details
- Cap and Gown Information
- Graduating Student Lists
- Request to be Excused from Commencement
- Tuition and Fees
- Faculty and Staff
- Recent Graduates
Important Graduation Details
- You have been asked to verify your name via an email from Registrar Services. If you request a name change involving the last name, you must submit documentation to Registrar Services in order for the change to be complete. This must be done by October 5, 2014. Once the diplomas have been ordered, there will be a $35 charge to reorder a diploma due to a name change.
- Click here for more information to order your cap, gown, and tassel. You are responsible for procuring your academic regalia.
- If you are unable to attend the ceremony, your may request to be excused.
- The commencement ceremony will take place on Monday, December 15, 2014 at:
*10:00 a.m.: All Undergraduate and Graduate Programs.
Location and Arrival
Assemble 1 ½ hours prior to your commencement time.
All programs.: Arrive at 8:30 a.m. in the Blanton Auditorium located on the 2nd floor of Hamrick Hall.
(In case of inclement weather, an email will be sent to all graduation candidates and a posting will be made to the Gardner-Webb University website of where to line-up.)
Please arrive by your designated time in order to take care of last minute details and to lineup. Click here for additional information including dress code, pictures/videos, etc.
Important Policies for Undergraduates Concerning Graduation
For a student completing degree requirements in December, a preliminary audit has been completed. The final audit is not complete until all degree requirements are met and final grades are entered in December. Students are responsible for meeting all degree requirements.
- Major requirements with “C” or better in each major course
- 128 total hours academic credit
- A minimum 2.0 Gardner-Webb GPA (transfer students must complete 64 senior college hours.)
- Courses count for credit only once (considerable effort is made to code courses that are repeated; please check with the Registrar Services if there is a question).
- Transient Credit that is outstanding must have an official transcript to the Registrar Services by noon December 10, 2014.
- Incomplete grades from a previous semester must also be completed and grades submitted by mid-term (All grade changes, once processed, are available for viewing via the online transcript as soon as changes are made by the Registrar Services).