WebEx is a powerful Web conferencing and meeting application that allows one to collaborate via the Internet in a secure meeting area. Using a Web browser and a voice connection, WebEx allows users to share documents, presentations, and Web pages in real time. One can also demonstrate applications and even allow session participants to make updates and changes within the application. WebEx also includes the ability to chat, take polls, and use video.
Some suggested uses of WebEx include, but are not limited to:
- Having a guest lecturer or presenter, from a remote location, in a face-to-face class
- Allowing a student who has moved away to be able to continue attending his or her face-to-face class
- Meeting with an online student
- Transmitting a lecture or having a Q&A session with an online class
- Holding a video conference
- Training or tutoring a student or peer on how to use a computer application
- Holding a faculty, staff, department, or committee meeting with members who are off site
Gardner-Webb faculty and staff who wish to host a WebEx session will need to attend a training session before hosting their first session. There are currently no scheduled dates for training. However, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in receiving training.
Meeting requests for Godbold School of Business instructors should be made directly to Dr. Earl Godfrey (email@example.com).
Meeting requests for the School of Education should be made directly to Dr. David Shellman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Other requests to host WebEx Meeting Manager sessions must be submitted online from this site at least 48 (business-day) hours prior to the session start time (form is available by clicking here). WebEx meeting sessions may be started between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm EST. Facilitators from Technology Services will initiate a meeting twenty (20) minutes prior to its scheduled start time. Meeting leaders (faculty or staff) should log into the meeting room fifteen (15) minutes prior to the start of the meeting.