- International Student Services
- Prospective International Student
- Current International Students
- Obtaining a Driver's License
- Social Security Number Requirements
- Visa and Passport Renewal
- Travel and Re-entry
- On-campus Employment
- Curricular Practical Training
- Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- OPT Extension for STEM Programs
- In Case of Emergency
- Adjusting to Life in the United States
- International Student Handbook
- Maintaining Your Status
- Prospective Exchange Students
- Orientation Program
- Study Abroad
- Mission Trips
- Meet the Staff
As an international student you are allowed by the Department of Homeland Security to work 20 hours per week on-campus. Gardner-Webb University requires anyone who works on-campus to have a social security card for accounting purposes. Once a student receives a social security card they must have this information registered with the University in order to receive a paycheck.
As an employee a student must complete an I-9 form by the first day of work. If this is new employment, Gardner-Webb University is required to verify the student’s social security number.
For any questions about Social Security, Taxes, Tax Treaties or On-Campus Employment contact the Office of International Programs (OIP).