- Get Help
- Find Resources
- Library Services
- Student Services
- Faculty Services
- AV Department
- Graduate Students
- Hours & Info
Dover Library has four wireless laptops available for check-out (in-library use only). These laptops are located at the Circulation Desk and are available to GWU students, faculty, and staff.
- Laptops may only be used inside Dover Memorial Library.
- All laptops can connect to the Gardner-Webb University wireless Internet network.
- Each laptop is equipped with Microsoft 2007, a CD drive, and USB ports for flash drives.
- A power supply cable and headset are available to check out with the laptop.
- Only current GWU students and employees may check out these laptops and must have a GWU ID card.
- Laptops can be checked out for a three (3) hour period -- & they can be renewed once if no other patron is on the waiting list.
- Printing will not be available on the laptops.
- Laptops cannot be reserved ahead of time.
Responsibility & Agreements
Before patrons may use the laptops, they must sign a liability agreement which will be kept on file in the library. This agreement must be initialed by the patron each semester before the patron is allowed use of the laptops.
Laptops should not be left unattended. Patrons are responsible for the laptop and any accessories, in cases of damage, loss or theft, until all items are turned in.
Patrons who abuse laptop guidelines will have their laptop privileges revoked.
Acceptable Use Policies
To ensure the integrity of the laptops and safety of laptop users, patrons should not:
- Download any software, programs, or games.
- View any unacceptable websites.
- Violate copyright laws by copying laptop programs to another computer.
- Engage in activities that would damage the laptop or violate GWU's Campus Internet Policy
"Users will exercise responsible, ethical behavior when using these resources. Users will also refrain from using computing resources to view, print, or access in any manner, material that may be offensive to others. Failure to exercise ethical behavior will result in appropriate disciplinary action, including the possible revoking of the right to use WEBBNET.
Gardner-Webb University will NOT be liable for the actions of anyone connecting to the Internet through the University WEBBNET. All users assume full responsibility for their actions."
-Section 34, University Student Handbook
The Dover Library circulating laptops were purchased with a grant from the Dover Foundation.