In an emergency, notification will begin as quickly as possible.
Text and Email Messages
Cell-phone users can receive text messages in the event of an emergency by signing up via WebbConnect. The messages will be brief and will be activated by the University Police Department. All campus email users will also receive brief email messages regarding the emergency. Further information will be posted online when it becomes available.
The University has determined that the following situations may require sending emergency messages:
- Imminent danger, including a major fire or shooting
- Imminent disaster, including an earthquake or flood
- Severe weather, including tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings
Additionally, the system may be used to alert the campus of major interruptions of campus operations, such as snow closings.
To receive emergency alerts on your cell phone:
- Log into WebbConnect with your user ID and password.
- Click on Launchpad.
- Select Emergency Notifications Options.