What to Expect
We are excited about your upcoming visit to the Broyhill Adventure Course! The following information should help you to have a safe, meaningful, and fun experience.
- Improve self-confidence
- Improve teamwork
- Enhance communication skills
- Promote trust
- Enhance decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Increase individual responsibility & leadership
- Have FUN!
What to Expect:
- The high and low ropes elements involve a variety of activities that often include warm-ups, games, group initiative problems, and other physical adventure activities. It is required that every participant complete a Gardner-Webb University Assumption of Risk and Release Packet (Packets will be sent with confirmation/invoice) prior to participation. It is the responsibility of the group contact person to give these completed forms to the facilitator on or before the day of participation.
- Due to the inherent risk and danger involved in this program, tobacco, alcoholic beverages, recreational drugs, and other mind-altering substances are not allowed. Any participants under the influence of any of the aforementioned substances will not be permitted to partake in adventure activities.
- Adventure Recreation staff will assign facilitators for each group.
- Meals and water are the responsibility of the group. It is the responsibility of the participants to pick up and carry out all trash left by the group.
- The organization/person in charge of the group is responsible for the behavior of the participants. Failure to cooperate with Challenge Course staff may result in the group's inability to reserve Adventure Recreation facilities in the future.
- Our outdoor facility is surrounded by trees and shrubs that provide us with shady areas.
- We have a port-a-john on site. Running water is only a short car ride away.
- There is a small parking lot; please carpool when possible.
- In the summer, it is hot. In the winter, it is cold. Please dress appropriately and bring additional clothing items to add or change into as the day progresses.
- Our philosophy is “challenge by choice.” That means YOU set personal goals and the team will encourage you to reach those goals, but no-one will coerce you into doing anything you are not comfortable with.
What to Bring:
- A great attitude and desire to have fun and challenge yourself!
- Bug Spray
- Closed toe shoes
- Clothes that are easy to move around in and that you don’t mind getting dirty
- 2 FULL bottles of water
- Completed Assumption of Risk and Release packets
- Hair holder (please have hair pulled up and away from face)
- Medication/preventative medication (if applicable)
- Hat (optional)
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Camera (optional)
What NOT to Bring:
- Jewelry (i.e. necklaces, earrings, watches, rings, etc.)
- Personal climbing equipment
- Glass containers
- Tobacco, alcoholic beverages, recreational drugs, and other mind-altering substances
Reserve Your Visit:
To reserve your visit, please contact the office of Adventure Recreation at 704.406.4257.