Suttle Wellness Center Rules and Guidelines
(Including Cardio Room, Free Weight Room, Bost Gym, and Aerobics Room)
- A current Gardner-Webb University ID card is required for access to the Suttle Wellness Center.
- Food and drinks will not be permitted in the Suttle Wellness Center. Water in a closed plastic container may be taken to other activities areas.
- IPods and other MP3 players must be used with headphones.
- Gardner-Webb University and the Suttle Wellness Center Staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Lockers are provided in the Suttle Wellness Center locker rooms and all users are encouraged to secure all personal items.
- Users abusing equipment or machines will be assessed a fine to recover the damages.
- Suttle Wellness Center staff members are authorized to respond to situations that may arise in order to keep the Suttle Wellness Center a clean and safe environment.
- No verbal abuse or profanity will be permitted while in the Suttle Wellness Center.
- Users must wear tennis shoes and t-shirts at all times while in the Suttle Wellness Center. Sports bras and halter tops are not permitted.
- All users are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious while using the Suttle Wellness Center.
- All users who disregard the Suttle Wellness Center policies will be asked to leave the facility for the remainder of the day.
All facility and usage questions should be directed to Brian Arnold, the Assistant Director of Student Activities at 704-406-3552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and Staff
Full-time and permanent part-time Gardner-Webb University employees will be permitted to use the Suttle Wellness Center with their Gardner-Webb University ID card.
Spouses of Faculty/Staff
Spouses of full-time and permanent part-time Gardner-Webb University employees will be permitted to use the Suttle Wellness Center. The Gardner-Webb University employee must visit the Human Resources Office with their spouse to obtain a Suttle Wellness Center Entry Card.
Dependents (ages 18-24) of full-time and permanent part-time Gardner-Webb University employees will be permitted to use the Suttle Wellness Center. The Gardner-Webb University employee must visit the Human Resources Office with their dependent to obtain a Suttle Wellness Center Entry Card.
Each full-time and permanent part-time Gardner-Webb University employee and student will be permitted to bring a guest(s) into the Suttle Wellness Center. Guests must be accompanied by the faculty, staff, or student sponsor while utilizing the facility. Guests must present a valid photo ID card, sign in with the Front Desk staff and fill out the “Release and Hold Harmless Agreement” form. Guests will be charged $5 per visit. Guests must be 18 years of age or older to exercise or work out in the Suttle Wellness Center (which includes the Cardio Room, Free Weight Room, Aerobics Room and Bost Gym).
Live fitness classes are typically offered Sunday – Thursday. Schedules can be found at the front desk in the Suttle Wellness Center. Virtual fitness classes are offered via Fitness on Demand, which is located in the Suttle Wellness Center Functional Training Room. Users may choose their own personal fitness class from the Fitness on Demand kiosk when the room is available.
Locker Room Facilities
Men’s and women’s locker room facilities are located off the floor of Bost Gym. Locker rooms have changing facilities, restrooms, lockers, and showers. Lockers are free of charge, but you must provide your own lock. Gardner-Webb University is not responsible for lost or stolen items. You will need to provide your own towel and toiletries.
Lockers are intended for daily usage. A locker agreement must be completed with staff for all individuals wishing to have a long term locker.
|Monday - Thursday||6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
|Friday||6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
Hours will vary on holidays and breaks.
All Suttle Wellness Center users must spray and wipe down workout equipment after using to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Spray bottles and towels are provided on the different pieces of equipment. If a spray bottle is empty or a towel is missing, please contact the Suttle Wellness Center staff and they will provide what is needed.
Checking Out Equipment
Suttle Wellness Center users may check out various athletic/fitness equipment from the Suttle Wellness Center front desk with their Gardner-Webb University ID card. Basketballs, racquetball equipment, tennis equipment, disc golf equipment, jump ropes, and weight lifting belts are available for checkout.