The mission of the Counseling Center is to meet the developmental and emotional needs of students within a Christian community. The Counseling Center supports the mission of the Student Development Division to accomplish the University Mission.
The Counseling Center maintains its student-centered focus by providing a comprehensive guidance and counseling program to assist students in accomplishing personal and academic goals.
The following goals are satisfied to support the mission of the Counseling Center:
- To provide individual, group, couple, and family counseling to students who may be experiencing psychological, behavioral, or learning difficulties.
- To provide compassionate care and empowerment for life long wellness.
- To provide support of a culture that provides honesty, integrity, and respect for all individuals and supports learning.
- To provide programming focused on the developmental needs of college students to maximize their potential for academic and personal development.
- To provide consultative services to various components to help foster an environment supportive of the intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical development of the students.
- Select and utilize a variety of assessment services to identify student needs.