Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 and Monday, August 4th, 2014
- BACCALAUREATE SERVICE – A Baccalaureate Service for graduates and their families will be held on Sunday evening, August 3rd, at 6:00 pm, in Stewart Hall of the Tucker Student Center. This is not your commencement; however, it is a worship service in which we give thanks to God and honor our graduating students.
- PHOTOGRAPHS – A professional photographer will photograph each candidate as the diploma is received from the President. A proof, from which orders may be placed, will be mailed to each student’s permanent address after graduation. The photographer is not connected with Gardner-Webb University and will deal directly with each student. If you have any questions concerning these photos, you may contact Chappell Studios, Inc. at 1-800-424-3686.
- COMMENCEMENT – The commencement ceremony on Monday August 4th, 2014 at:
*10:00 a.m. for ALL Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
- LOCATION AND ARRIVAL –
*Assemble at 8:30 a.m. in Blanton Auditorium in Hamrick Hall.
(if weather does not permit, the location will be moved to the Dover Theatre in the Lutz-Yelton Convocation Center. This change will be noted on the website by Friday afternoon prior to the graduation ceremony.)
PLEASE BE PROMPT. Once you are in the line, DO NOT leave your assigned place. There is a chance that your diploma may be withdrawn from the ceremony if you are not in place prior to the final attendance check.
Any changes made to the assembly of graduates will be emailed to each graduate via their Gardner-Webb email address.
- ACADEMIC ATTIRE – You will need to order your cap and gown online (shop.jostens.com). Expenses related to academic regalia are the responsibility of the student.
CAPS – Caps should be level, not tilted to either side or back. All candidates wear the tassel on the left front quadrant of the cap. Women wear caps throughout the entire service. Men wear caps to their seats, and then remove them at the beginning of the invocation. Keep caps off except while receiving degrees. Men remove caps for all prayers.
GOWNS – Dark clothing should be worn with the regalia. Women should wear dark dresses or pants and dark shoes. Men should wear dark pants, dark shoes and dark socks; white shirts and dark neckties.
SHOES - Women may want to consider comfortable shoes as the graduates will be led across campus, weather permitting.
- LINE OF MARCH - The marshals will place you in line and indicate for you the route to be followed. Watch your marshals and follow their directions. Once inside the arena, keep together in pairs with the distance constant between you.
- GUESTS - There is no limit to the number of guests you may invite to attend.