Request to be Excused from Commencement
Attendance of commencement exercises is mandatory for all graduating students. However, Gardner-Webb University realizes that sometimes special circumstances arise that will not allow the graduation candidate to attend. For times such as this please follow the instructions below:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following must be included in the email:
- Full name
- Student ID or SSN#
- Permanent mailing address for diploma to be sent. The address submitted in this email will constitute the graduation candidate consent to change the address in the Gardner-Webb University operating system if different.
- Phone number. This number should be a current number where the graduation candidate can be reached or a message left.
- Indicate the correct graduation ceremony (May, August or December)
- Indicate if the hood is to be mailed with the diploma. When a student does not indicate within the email that the hood is desired or if the student indicates the hood is not desired, the charge is reversed from the student account and the hood is returned to Jostens.
By submitting this email to Registrar Services, the graduation candidate is consenting to the $10 diploma mailing fee. Please submit payment using the Request for Mailing of Diploma Form. Questions regarding the student account should be directed to the Business Office at (704) 406-4287.