The deadlines for placing textbook orders for the 2011 terms are:
Summer Semester: Friday, March 11th
Fall Semester: Friday, March 25th
Spring Semester: Friday, October 7th
Please contact Leslie Humphries at 704-406-3958 or firstname.lastname@example.org if any of the following occur:
- Due date cannot be met
- Enrollment changes
- Course cancellations
- Textbook information changes
Delivery of certain textbooks can take up to six weeks. Late textbook requests may further delay shipment due to out of stock conditions at the publishing company.
How you can help save students money?
Students can save 25% on used textbooks. By turning in your book requests on or before the due date, we are able to obtain used books through textbook wholesalers and our buyback program. Late book requests do not allow the option of used books.
If you request a textbook with an ISBN that will contain a "free" study aid, chances are that we cannot obtain used copies. If these items are not a requirement for your class please let us know when you place your order. Not only can the students not buy used books if there is a free supplement included, but they cannot sell this book back at the end of the semester (losing them money again).
Why doesn't the Campus Shop order desk copies and instructor materials?
Desk copies and instructor materials are the department's responsibility. It is a conflict of interest and the Campus Shop is not permitted to order these materials. We can however, supply any information available that you may need in order to contact the publishers or sales representatives.
Book Return/Refund Policy
- When returning new books, they must be in the same condition as when they were purchased. This means/includes but is not limited to NO: visible damage, writing or marks, highlighting, no opened software, and odor. Books purchased in shrink-wrap must still be in original wrapping.
- Requests for full refunds must be made within 2 weeks after the start of class. After the deadline, unwanted qualifying textbooks may be sold back during specified buyback dates.
- No refunds without receipt. (If you ordered online and do not have an official receipt please print off online order)
- Textbooks purchased the last week of class or during exam week are not eligible for a refund.
- Cash refunds will be issued as credit slips redeemable at the Business Office.
- Credit card purchases are refunded as credit back to the original charge card account.
- Purchases made by check must wait 10 business days before a refund can be issued.
Returning a book ordered online
You must meet all of the above requirements and complete the Return Authorization form in order to return textbook(s). A return authorization number will be emailed to you with instructions on how to return your textbooks. Please allow 3 business days for a response.
You may return a book by coming to the Campus Shop without having to get prior authorization, although the same requirements need to be met in order to get a full refund.