Alfred & Shirley Wampler Caudill Service Learning Award
This award ($200 cash and a plaque) is voted on by and given by the Service Learning Advisory Council (Dr. Caudill is a member, but does not vote) and the IMPACT Center for Christian Ethics and Social Responsibility to the student who had the most outstanding service learning class project from any major from a list of finalists (nominated by GWU faculty/staff or self-nominations). This award is presented by the Director of the IMPACT Center at the Student Leadership, Service & Volunteerism Dimensions in April.
- 2010: Jacklyn Seter
- 2011: Brittany N. Bounds
- 2012: Lisa Smith
- 2013: Britanni Fioritto
- 2014: Benjamin J. Payne
- 2015: Mary Toohey
- 2016: Ariel Starr Tate
- 2017: Mariah Case, Sarah Guynes, Madison McMahon, Sarah Grace Moxley, Kaitlyn Sparks, Tessa Walsh
- - Mariah Case: Refugee Resettlement volunteer and Service Learning research project; Release the Captives (Anti-Human Trafficking); Rescue Race 2016 to save three child slaves from Ghana; IMPACT Center volunteer. Nominated by Dr. Lorene Pagcaliwagan.
- - Sarah Lindsay Guynes: Work with Pregnancy Resource Center, Abuse Prevention Council, and Aaron's House Children's Home. Nominated by Dr. Brooke Thompson and Brad Gilbert.
- - Madison Maria McMahon: Ongoing service with Hospice of Cleveland County through Crisis Intervention class; volunteer at events for hearing impaired; Joyful Hands sign language performing group; Intern with South Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind; IMPACT Center volunteer. Nominated by Dr. Sharon Webb and Meredith Garrett.
- - Sarah Grace Moxley: Created Service Learning class (THEA 400) to sustain a Theater Club at Graham Elementary; Release the Captives; Rescue Race 2016. Nominated by Cheryl Potter, Nelsa Feaster (Principal, Graham Elementary) and Dr. Tom LeGrand.
- - Kaitlyn Sparks: Feeding Kids Cleveland County; Campus Civitans; Non-profit fundraising through AcaFelons. Nominated by Dr. Elizabeth Amato and Somone Ashford.
- - Tessa Walsh: Internship in Cambodia through Global Studies (Social Sciences); Created social entrepreneurship plan to sustain work at Lina's Hope, a Cambodian school for children with cerebral palsy. Nominated by Dr. Joseph Moore and Donna Schronce.
- 2016: Madison Maria McMahon, Mary Toohey, Sam Ali, Jaap Elekan, Sarah Grace Moxley