Transfer Credit

**Applies to Undergraduates only. Graduate students should consult the appropriate Graduate office for assistance. Click here for the Transfer Credit form for Graduate and MBA Students.

New Transfer Students

Students transferring from accredited two-year colleges may transfer up to 64 semester hours. An additional 64 semester hours must be taken on the senior college level, with the final 32 semester hours for graduation taken at Gardner-Webb.

Students transferring from accredited four-year colleges may transfer up to 96 semester hours. For a bachelor's degree, the final 32 semester hours for graduation must be taken at Gardner-Webb. Candidates for the associate's degree must take their final 24 hours at Gardner-Web.

Credit may be transferred only for courses in which the student has earned a C (2.0) or better. The student must meet graduation requirements for the total number of hours required.

Courses accepted as transfer credit are recorded with grades, grade points, and quality points. However, the grade point average for graduation is computed on academic credit earned at Gardner-Webb. The Registrar interprets the transfer policy and certifies students for graduation.

If you are having trouble understanding your evaluation of transfer credits, or if you would like to question the way your courses transferred into Gardner-Webb, please call or email Sherri Jackson at (704) 406-4262 or

Current Students

Students who plan to take courses at other institutions during a regular term or summer session must have the prior permission of the Registrar.  An online Request to Recognize Transient Credit form must be completed for approval. The Registrar will give permission for work only from fully accredited institutions. Credit is only approved for courses of college level which also are credited toward graduation. After completion of such courses, the student must request that an official transcript be sent to the Registrar at Gardner-Webb University.

Students must have more than 32 hours remaining in their course of study to use the online Request to Recognize Transient Credit form. To access the form:

  • Log in to Webb Connect
  • Under the Launchpad, choose the Registration folder
  • Request to Recognize Transient Credit Form

Complete the form with all the information requested.  Submission of an incomplete will delay the review process or deny the request.

If a student is within the last 32 hours of their course of study and needs to take a course outside of Gardner-Webb University, a 24/32 Hour Request Form must be completed. To access the form:

  • Log in to Webb Connect
  • Under the Launchpad, choose Registration folder
  • 24/32 Hour Waiver Request Form
  • Print the form
  • Complete the student portion
  • Submit to your advisor to complete the advisor portion.
  • Submit to the Dean or Chair of your course of study to complete their section.
  • Submit the completed form to Registrar Services for processing and submission to the appropriate Associate Provost for approval.

An email will be sent to notify the student of the status of each request.  Upon the completion of the course, it is the student's responsibility to obtain an official college transcript.  This official transcript must be sent:

US Postal Service:

Sherri Jackson
Gardner-Webb University
Box 7323
Boiling Springs, NC 28017

Personally: transcript must be sealed from the institution