University Health Services

Emergency Care


Dial 911 or 9-911 from any campus phone.

Notice: As soon as convenient, students should inform their Resident Assistant (RA) when medical emergencies occur involving residential students. A student always retains the right to be transported by ambulance to the hospital. If a student is hurt or sick and requests an ambulance or the Residence Education staff deems necessary, dial 911 immediately for emergency assistance. RA’s or GRD’s are not allowed to transport sick or injured students.


Non-Emergency Care: (minor injuries or illness)

Day Time: During the day, residential students needing to see a physician can obtain treatment by contacting one of the following facilities:

Shelby Family Practice
1124 N. Washington Street
Shelby, North Carolina 28150


Shelby Family Practice – Boiling Springs
708 McBrayer Homestead Road
Boiling Springs, NC 28017


Boiling Springs Family Care
305 West College Avenue
Boiling Springs, NC 28017




Urgent Care Shelby
1010 East Dixon Blvd.
Shelby, NC 28152
8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (No appointment necessary)


(Urgent Care expense, including facility charge and the Doctor’s expense, up to a maximum of $250 per sickness, subject to a $25 co-payment).