Online Graduate Applications

How to Apply

I want to apply for Graduate Study

Step 1: Admission Requirements

To apply for initial admission to graduate study, the applicant should submit the following:

Programs other than Nursing

  • An official transcript of all previous academic work beyond high school to be sent directly from each institution attended. Doctoral Programs require Graduate transcripts only.
  • Scores on either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE); Miller Analogies Test (MAT); or for appropriate programs, PRAXIS II Subject Assessment. Our main campus in Boiling Springs is a test facility for the Miller Analogies Test. For upcoming test dates and MAT registration information, click here.
  • Three professional references on graduate reference forms and five professional references for Ed.D. applicants.
  • For appropriate programs, evidence of A level North Carolina teacher’s license or equivalent.
  • For School Counseling, and Mental Health Counseling programs, proof of criminal background record check for all states of residence for the past five (5) years. For the Nursing program, immunization records.

Please consult your program’s admissions requirements below for specific information related to that program.

When all documents have been received, they will be evaluated by the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies and the chair or coordinator of the program area. The applicant will be notified of the decision. Prospective counseling majors must schedule an interview with the appropriate faculty members before formal admission.

Students are notified of their admission status as soon as possible after completing the admissions process. Because of the confidential nature of some items of information required for admission, the University reserves the right to reject any applicant without stating a reason.

Nursing Programs

There are additional requirements for admission to the graduate nursing programs.

Additional Ed.D. Admission Forms

Step 2: Apply to Gardner-Webb 

Step 3: Send us your Transcripts

The Privacy Act requires that each student request in writing that transcripts be released to the Graduate School Office. Transcripts can be sent by mail or electronically to:

Gardner-Webb University
Graduate Admissions Office
P.O. Box 1896
Boiling Springs, NC 28017
Email: [email protected]