category: Know Your IX

Title IX Ways to Get Help

Choose what is right for you!

The resources below empower individuals to overcome sexual misconduct and gender discrimination.

Seek Medical Attention

Seeking timely medical attention is extremely  important. In the event of an emergency, call 911. If a non-emergency:

Provides free specialized sexual violence treatment 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Obtaining  treatment within 120 hours is essential to collect evidence and preemptively treat  sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy.

210 E Grover St.
Shelby, NC, 28150
(980) 487-3000

University Health Services
Provides non-emergency medical attention and referrals.

148 Memorial Dr.
Shelby, NC 28152
(980) 487-2390

Talk to Someone Confidentially

There is always someone to listen  and help.

Sexual Assault Hotline
Call the 24-hour anonymous hotline.
(800) 656-4673

Counseling Professionals
Call the Counseling Center for  appointments, referrals, and after-hours counselors.
(704) 406-2599

University Health Services
Provides non-emergency medical attention and referrals.

148 Memorial Dr.
Shelby, NC 28152
(980) 487-2390

Christian Life
Contact a member of Christian Life.
(704) 406-4277

Learn About Reporting Options

Reports help to build a safer community.  You may report sexual misconduct to the University, the police, or both (recommended).

Reporting to the University

You can anonymously report at

Filing a report does not mean that formal  disciplinary action will be taken; it is up to you  to decide if and how to participate in the  University’s investigative process.

Title IX Office
(704) 406-2081
[email protected]

Reporting to the Police

Contacting the police is especially  important if you think you may want to  seek legal action against the perpetrator.  In the event of an emergency, call 911.

If a non-emergency, call (704) 406-4444.

Seek Supportive Measures

Supportive measures are administrative  actions that can help you feel safe on campus.

To inquire, contact the Title IX office  at (305) 284-8624. Examples include:

  • No contact orders
  • Facility access restrictions
  • Change in housing, class,  or employment arrangements to minimize interaction between individuals


If you have questions, contact [email protected]. For immediate assistance, call 911 (emergency) or  contact University Police at (704) 406-4444.

Learn more about Gardner-Webb’s Title IX policy at the link below.

Previous Post

9 Things to Know About Title IX

Next Post

We're Ready to Welcome You Back!

Related Posts

  • Post

    9 Things to Know About Title IX

    Title IX is a civil right that prohibits sex discrimination in education Title IX applies to all students regardless of gender identity. All schools receiving federal funding, including public K-12 schools and the majority of colleges, are subject to Title IX. Gardner-Web cannot discourage you from continuing your education. Gardner-Webb can issue no-contact directives to […]

  • Post

    Tips and Techniques for Successfully Managing Seasonal Stress

    Lower Your Stress Level in as Little as One Minute Written by Dr. Sharon Webb Weary from stress and multiple emotions experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic, many people are looking forward to the holidays. However, Christmas celebrations will probably look different this year as families strive to keep everyone healthy. Changing traditions could lead to […]

    Christmas ornaments
  • Post

    Ignite Your Future

    Now that you’re officially a Bulldog, take the next step toward your future by learning what you need to do before arriving on campus. Checklist It’s official – you’ve already completed the necessary admissions paperwork, paid your deposit, and now you’re ready to step foot on campus as a Bulldog. Check out what’s next on […]