Transfer Student Requirements

If you are applying for Gardner-Webb Online, no high school transcripts or test scores are required, only 24 hour transfer credit and official transcripts from previous college(s) is required.

The applicant’s record is evaluated by Gardner-Webb retention standards, or the applicant must be eligible to return to his/her previous college in order to be accepted.

How many credits can be transferred?

Students transferring from accredited two-year colleges may transfer up to 60 semester hours. An additional 60 semester hours must be taken on the senior college level, with the final 30 semester hours for graduation taken at Gardner-Webb.

Students transferring from accredited four-year colleges may transfer up to 90 semester hours. For a bachelor’s degree, the final 30 semester hours for graduation must be taken at Gardner-Webb. Candidates for the associate’s degree must take their final 24 hours at Gardner-Web.

Credit may be transferred only for courses in which the student has earned a C (2.0) or better. The student must meet graduation requirements for the total number of hours required.

Courses accepted as transfer credit are recorded with grades, grade points, and quality points. However, the grade point average for graduation is computed on academic credit earned at Gardner-Webb. The Registrar interprets the transfer policy and certifies students for graduation.

How do I know which Classes will transfer?

Visit our transfer equivalency database to find out more about which courses will transfer to GWU. If you are having trouble understanding your evaluation of transfer credits, or if you would like to question the way your courses transferred into Gardner-Webb, please call or email Sonya Torres at (704) 406-3041 or [email protected].

Where do I send my transcripts?

Although evaluated by the Registrar, all transcripts need to be mailed directly to the appropriate Admissions Office:

Undergraduate Online Degree Completion Applicants:
Gardner Webb-University
Digital Learning
P.O. Box 1896
Boiling Springs, NC 28017
Electronic: [email protected]

Transfer Agreements

Through our Pathways program, Gardner-Webb offers community college students incredible opportunities to complete their degrees. Our Pathways program is a partnership with Community Colleges, enabling you to transfer credits from your current Associate’s degree toward a corresponding Bachelor’s degree in the Undergraduate Online Degree Completion Program. 

Additionally, Gardner-Webb University is a participating institution in the North Carolina Community College Articulation Agreement, offering greater transfer opportunities for continuing your education.  

We are also a participating institution in the North Carolina RN-to-BSN Uniform Articulation Agreement, allowing registered nurses who hold an Associate in Nursing degree from a NC Community College to complete a BSN in as little as 1 year by following the NCCC RN-BSN 5 block degree program.

Gardner-Webb has a co-admission agreement with community colleges, to provide direct-entry pathways to the university upon graduation from a community college.

To learn more about the benefits for community college students and how to become bulldog bound, click on the button below.

Recent News

View all GWU Transfer Agreement news View All Updates
  • News Article

    L’Mia Littlejohn, ’23, Transferred to Gardner-Webb for Academics and Campus Environment

    Student-Athlete Appreciates Hands-on Learning and Availability of Professors L’Mia Littlejohn, of Shelby, N.C., transferred to Gardner-Webb in 2021, because after attending a larger university, GWU’s friendly campus felt like home. […]

    L'Mia Littlejohn in a basketball uniform, holding a basketball
  • News Article

    Wake Tech and Gardner-Webb University Officials Announce New Transfer Partnership

    Wake Tech Students Can Complete Online Bachelor of Science in 10 Programs at GWU BOILING SPRINGS, N.C.—In a special online ceremony, Wake Tech Community College and Gardner-Webb University signed multiple […]

  • News Article

    Gardner-Webb and Isothermal Team up for Student Success

    Institutions’ Officials Sign Transfer Agreements in Three Areas BOILING SPRINGS, N.C.—Attending Gardner-Webb University just got easier for Isothermal Community College students. Gardner-Webb and Isothermal officials signed agreements Wednesday, May 4, […]

    Dr. Margaret Annunziata, president of Isothermal Community College (left), and Dr. William Downs, president of Gardner-Webb University, signed several agreements that build stronger pathways for students between the two institutions this week.