Listed below are summaries of the responsibilities of positions available at Gardner-Webb University. These are summaries only and are not job descriptions. Unless otherwise noted, positions are open until filled. To find out more about the vacancies, please contact either Scott White, Director of Human Resources, or Frances Sizemore, Associate Director of Human Resources.
Gardner-Webb University maintains a policy of non-discrimination. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, color, sex, national origin, veteran status, handicap, age, or any other basis prohibited by statute.
Gardner-Webb University is a private institution founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905 and employs individuals who participate in and whole heartedly support Christian values.
Dean, Godbold School of Business
Gardner-Webb University seeks applications and nominations for an energetic and engaging leader who will effectively lead the Godbold School of Business as Dean.
The Godbold School of Business, comprised of twenty academically well-credentialed and experienced business educators, offers multiple degrees at the bachelor’s and master’s levels, including the MBA, International MBA, Master of Accountancy and Master of Wealth and Trust Management. Programs are offered in both face to face and digital modes of delivery. Accredited by ACBSP, the school embraces a liberal arts general education for its undergraduate programs and values the integration of theory and practical experience at every level of professional education. The School also engages the Christian mission of the University through a vision of commerce as service to community and world in the context of Christian ethics.
The Dean reports to the Associate Provost for Professional and Graduate Studies and works collaboratively with the President, Provost, and Vice President for Advancement.
The Dean of the Godbold School of Business will exercise leadership by
- Leading the faculty in ongoing refinement of the School’s vision and strategic plan,
- Managing a highly qualified faculty and encouraging faculty development,
- Guiding the faculty in curriculum development and the identification of new programs where appropriate,
- Advancing the School’s network of external relationships in the region and internationally,
- Assisting the University with fund-raising efforts as needed,
- Managing the School’s budget.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate
- Proven leadership skills,
- Outstanding communication abilities,
- Experience in higher education, including teaching,
- A record of scholarship appropriate to business education,
- Familiarity with either ACBSP or AACSB accreditation,
- Support for online education and the rapidly evolving world of new educational technologies.
Basic expectations include
- Graduate degree in a relevant field, doctorate preferred,
- Personal commitment to the Christian faith,
- Collegiality, integrity, good will and a sense of humor,
- Commitment to student learning, particularly undergraduate education.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Minorities are encouraged to apply. Candidates should send a letter of interest, current vita, official college transcripts, and contact information for three references to:
Interim Dean and Chair of the Search Committee, Van Graham, Gardner-Webb University Godbold School of Business, P.O. Box 7303, Boiling Springs, NC 28017
Electronic submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lecturer/Experiential Lab Coordinator - Hunt School of Nursing
Gardner-Webb University is announcing a 12-month non-tenure-track position for a Lecturer/Experiential Lab Coordinator in the Hunt School of Nursing (HSON) to begin August 2016.
The Experiential Lab Coordinator has faculty status and all the rights and responsibilities pertaining to faculty within the Hunt School of Nursing. The Experiential Lab Coordinator is directly responsible to plan, coordinate and administer campus laboratory experiences for students to support all nursing programs. The Experiential Lab Coordinator will collaborate with faculty to assure safe, effective simulation and laboratory activities. The nursing Experiential Lab Coordinator identifies the need for management of University resources while providing excellent nursing education and communication with colleagues, the Chairs, and the Dean to insure efficiency in Program, HSON, and University operations.
- Assigned faculty responsibilities as described in III-1 of the Gardner-Webb University Faculty Handbook.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining appropriate licensure for nursing practice.
- Serves as a public representative for the Hunt School of Nursing.
- Implements the Systematic Evaluation Plan in collaboration with Program Chair or Dean.
- Actively participates in HSON Faculty Meetings, HSON Committees, and Program Meetings.
- Utilizes the computer to maintain inventories of supplies, and utilizes software applications and programming simulations.
- Coordinates and supervises Student Lab Assistants.
- Collaborates with others to provide course review and revisions consistent with standards of the HSON and the University.
- Serves as a resource and support for course, lab, and clinical faculty.
- Serves as a student advisor.
- Provides service to the University, HSON, and the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Gardner-Webb University Hunt School of Nursing is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) and offers ADN and BSN pre-licensure programs as well as an online RN-BSN program. Master’s concentrations include Nursing Education, Nursing Administration, MSN/MBA and Family Nurse Practitioner. Concentrations in the DNP program include Educational Leadership and Management Leadership. Responsibilities will include teaching courses from one or more of these programs.
Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution
Preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation is required. Applicants without this preparation must complete the required coursework within three years from the time of employment.
- Possesses a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina, a compact state or be eligible for licensure in North Carolina
- Minimum of two years employment in direct client care as a Registered Nurse
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Meets criteria for employment of the University for teaching faculty
- Maintains expertise based on clinical competence, technology skills and current learning modalities
- Has experience with simulation
- Knowledge of and experience in the accreditation process
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Candidates should send a letter of interest, current vita, official college transcripts, and contact information for three references to Tracy Arnold, DNP, RN, P.O. Box 7309, Gardner-Webb University, Boiling Springs, NC 28017. Electronic submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
Secretary for Department of Athletic Training and the Department of Exercise Science
The Department of Athletic Training and the Department of Exercise Science of Gardner-Webb University invite applications for the position of Secretary. This is a 30 hour per week position with employee benefits. Fifteen hours per week will be dedicated to the Department of Athletic Training and fifteen hours per week will be dedicated to the Department of Exercise Science. The successful candidate will be responsible for administrative support for both Departments.
Position Overview: Provide clerical support, management of documents and online systems including budgets, purchasing, course scheduling, annual reports, communication with key university personnel, timely delivery of mail/documents routinely across campus, managing confidential student records, assisting with establishment and maintenance of accreditation documents, and other administrative tasks as directed by the Chair of the Department of Athletic Training and the Chair of the Department of Exercise Science. Experience preferred. Bachelor degree preferred.
Candidates must have demonstrated
- a high level of competency in computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, mail merge, etc.
- ability in handling multiple time driven tasks with little supervision and working under pressure to meet deadlines
- ability in learning new skills quickly
- ability accepting increasing levels of responsibility as directed by the Department Chairs,
- ability identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner, and
- ability to take initiative in working both independently and in cooperation with others.
General Skills/Dispositions Required
Candidates must possess personal characteristics and values consistent with the mission of GWU. The successful candidate will be friendly, student-centered, mature, approachable, patient, caring, flexible, professional, self-directed, trustworthy, committed to program success, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
Gardner-Webb University is a private institution founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905 and employs individuals who participate in and wholeheartedly support Christian values.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Frances Sizemore, Gardner-Webb University, P.O. Box 997, Boiling Springs, NC 28017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gardner-Webb University Event Services is seeking to hire a pool of part time employees to work in various roles during university events such as ballgames, concerts and commencement ceremonies. These employees will be paid $11 per hour with a minimum 3 hour pay guarantee for most events. Most work schedules are late afternoon and evenings and/or weekend assignments. Candidates must complete NC Crowd Management training (available at this link), be able to communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally, able to present themselves professionally to the public, must be able to stand for up to 4 hours with minimal breaks, able to work both indoors and outdoors and occasionally to work in poor weather conditions (sun, rain, cold). Positions will be available for crowd management, light housekeeping and event services technicians. Background check and drug testing required. To apply, submit a completed GWU application along with a Certificate of Completion of the N C Crowd Management Training (available at the link above). Email all materials to email@example.com or apply in person at Human Resources Webb Hall, 109 West College Ave, Boiling Springs NC, Suite 103 Students, alumni, retirees and community members are encouraged to apply!
Applicants interested in employment with GWU Dining Services through Sodexo USA may click here to learn more about current openings.
Gardner-Webb University is a coeducational, residential, private institution with a strong emphasis in the Liberal Arts, located in Boiling Springs, North Carolina (50 miles southwest of Charlotte) offering a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs to approximately 4,000 students. Founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905, Gardner-Webb University employs individuals who participate in and wholeheartedly support Christian values. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.