Transfer Students

Financial Aid for Transfer Students

Transferring to Gardner-Webb

If you plan to transfer to GWU, you must complete the following steps in order to be considered for financial assistance:

  1. Transfer students must have been admitted to Gardner-Webb and have their current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
  2. If you wish to be considered for financial assistance, you should call the Federal Processor (FAFSA) at (800) 433-3243 and request that Gardner-Webb receive your financial aid information, or go to their web site at and add our school code, 002929.
  3. Before GWU can award you financial aid, any aid at your prior school must be cancelled.
  4. Your financial aid award at GWU will be based on the academic credits that have been accepted and posted as of the day your financial aid award is made. Late transfer credits may result in higher loan eligibility.

Transferring from Gardner-Webb

If you will not be attending the upcoming semester at GWU, the Financial Planning Office needs written notification in order to cancel any aid for the future term.

If you wish to be considered for financial assistance at your new school, call the Federal Processor at (800) 433-3243 to request that your new school receive your financial aid information or visit

Contact the financial aid office at the new school to find out what other steps you must take to be considered for aid at their institution.