Undergraduate Payment Plans

Welcome to Gardner-Webb University. We are honored that you have chosen GWU to further your education and offer this synopsis of financial information to aid the transition into your studies.

Each semester the Gardner-Webb University Student Accounts Office will provide an online bill for each student detailing charges (tuition, housing, meal plan, fees, etc.) and anticipated credits (grants, scholarships, loans, etc.). For students who are registered, the GWU online bill generally becomes available for review about three weeks prior to the first class of the semester. Later registrants may expect to see an online bill within a matter of days of enrollment. After reviewing the bill, questions regarding charges should be directed to the Student Accounts Office at (704) 406-4287; questions regarding financial aid should be directed to the Financial Planning Office at (704) 406-4243.

Please note: The deadline for making payment in full, or for completing all requirements for financial aid or a deferred payment plan, will always occur at the beginning of the semester by the end of the first full week of classes. The exact due day will be provided via the online bill each semester.

Accessing Your Online Bill

  • Go to webbconnect.gardner-webb.edu.
  • Click on the student account folder on left.
  • Click on online bill on left.
  • Follow the instructions on the screen to meet your financial obligations for the semester.

The top portion of the billing page reflects your class schedule. The middle of the page includes charges to the left and anticipated credits to the right. Any remaining balance, indicating the amount for which the student remains personally responsible by the due date, is included below the charges section.

Additional links will be listed at the bottom of the online billing page including the insurance waiver form, a deferred payment plan, and a link for paying via credit or debit card.

Payment Methods

Any balance may be paid by the due date via one of the following methods:

Cash, check, money order or credit/debit card presented in person to Student Accounts located within the Student Services Suite on the lower level of the Dover Campus Center (please include student ID number on check memo line).

Check or money order, payable to Gardner-Webb University, mailed to GWU Student Accounts, PO Box 7324, Boiling Springs NC 28017.

Credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover) via the online payment link at any time or by calling the Student Accounts Office between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays at (704) 406-4287. Please note that card info is not retained for security reasons. It will need to be resubmitted for each payment made via card.

Deferred payment plan to be found toward the bottom of the online bill. If charges and credits appear correct, click on the deferred payment link. (Print a copy of the plan before clicking on accept.) Submit the initial payment to the Student Accounts Office by the due date.

GWU Online Student Billing – Frequently Asked Questions

Why should I review my online bill? My parent pays my bill. 

If you expect your parent/guardian to handle your financial affairs you will need to: (1) provide the parent/guardian with the username and password provided to you by Technology Services in order to access the online account; (2) complete the FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) permissions form located online under “personal information.”

Why should I review my online bill? I have financial aid. 

Verify that the charges and the anticipated aid are in the correct amounts. Please note that student loans typically are not disbursed to the University until several weeks into the semester if all paperwork has been completed in a timely fashion. Students should continue to periodically review the bill until all monies have been received and the balance has been fully resolved for the semester.

I have excess financial aid. When may I expect my refund? 

Refunds typically become available approximately 10-14 days after aid monies or other payments have been received that pay in excess of the semester’s bill. Refund checks normally are mailed to the student’s home address that is on file with the Registrar’s Office. For accounts with a parent PLUS loan, the check will be in the name of the parent and mailed to the home address.

May I charge my textbooks to my student account? 

Generally students may not charge textbooks to the student account. The only exception is when a student qualifies for, and accepts, excess financial aid. In that case, a credit balance will appear on the student’s account. Essentially, an undergraduate student may charge textbooks to his or her account if there is a credit balance. The student may charge textbooks in the Campus Shop by presenting the student ID card at the Campus Shop register. The card will be swiped at the register and textbook charges will be applied to the student’s account. An undergraduate student may also use a credit card/debit card and purchase his or her textbooks online.

My financial aid does not cover my bill in full. Do you offer a monthly payment plan? 

Tuition and fees are payable in full at registration; however, the University makes available a deferred payment plan to traditional/day students who prefer to pay their semester’s costs in payments rather than in a lump sum at registration. This plan allows you to pay the balance due over a five-month period during the fall and spring semesters (a three-month payment plan is offered during the shorter summer sessions).

The deferred payment plan may be found under the “Use a Payment Plan” link at the bottom of your online bill. Click on the link and the balance for which you are responsible will be broken into payments with amounts and due dates reflected in a copy of the plan (student should print this copy prior to clicking on “accept” for future reference). The plan includes a $50 application fee.

Please note that failure to make payments per the agreement may result in late fees and additional interest charges.

Unpaid balances are not carried over from one semester to another and all indebtedness to the University must be satisfied before students will be permitted to register for the next semester.

My address changed. How do I update my address for mailings?

Much of the correspondence from the University will be to your assigned GWU e-mail address. However, it is important to ensure that your mailing address is updated as necessary through the WebbConnect portal via the “Maintain Information – Address Change” link online.